Daily, there are millions of people across the globe who depend on a morning cup of coffee to get their day started. And in fact, most of them cannot start a day without a cup of coffee. The benefits coffee offers make it the most preferred drinks. For example, it is a convenient energy booster, boost our immune system, and improve metabolism. Coffee also supplies our bodies with tons of beneficial nutrients and antioxidants.
Coconut oil in your coffee
A recent trend among coffee lovers is to add coconut oil to coffee to reap the health benefits of this popular oil. Keep in mind coconut oil has many health benefits. Now coffee lovers seem to have found a way to enjoy the benefits of saturated fat in coconut in a cup of coffee. But is it right to add this oil in your coffee? If you are in doubt on whether to start this practice or continue with your traditional way, keep reading this article to learn more.
Reasons You Should Add Coconut Oil to Your Coffee Today
- Aids in weight loss: Adding coconut oil in your coffee not only make it delicious but also contribute significantly to weight loss. So, if you are on a diet, coconut oil in your coffee will not disappoint. The saturated fat in coconut, unlike in other fats, surprisingly results in weight loss.
- It Boosts Your Immune System: Besides contributing greatly to weight loss, coconut oil also plays a significant role in boosting our immune system. So each time you add it, you have an assurance that your body will be in a position to fight off illnesses.
- Improved metabolism: The caffeine in coffee is known to boost metabolism. And coconut oil is primarily considered a natural laxative, which means it helps to improve your digestion. Taking the two in a single cup automatically results in improved metabolism.
- Boost energy: Coconut oil is among the food that generates heats in our body. Adding this oil creates energy that helps burn fat. Now plus the effect of coffee, you will definitely have enough energy to start your day.
- Keeps you smarter and happier: The antioxidants and anti-stress effects coconut oil guarantees make sure you remain happier and stress-free throughout the day.
- Insulin’s BFF: Like coffee, coconut oil can be useful in regulating blood sugar. This is because it does not require insulin to be processed, so there is no spike in blood sugar, reducing the need for extra insulin.
- Keeps you fuller for longer: If you don’t like the idea craving for more energy boosters during the day; adding coconut oil in the morning will keep you happy and energetic until lunchtime and beyond.
Coconut Oil Coffee Recipes
- 1 cup of coffee, brewed the way you like it
- tablespoon of coconut oil (you can experiment with more or less)
- A sliver of unsalted butter (optional)
- Quarter-teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Honey and/or milk (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Two ingredients: coffee and coconut oil
If preparing your morning drink from the two ingredients, spoon the coconut oil into the bottom of your cup. Then add hot coffee. Stir well and enjoy.
- Experimenting with more ingredients
Consider using a blender so you can get it all smooth. Feel to try as many ingredients as possible as long you get the desired taste.
Coconut oil in your coffee offers a lot of health benefits. From boosting your immunity to helping you cut weight, there are many reasons coconut oil is a plus in your cup of coffee. Ready to treat yourself today? Go ahead and remember to share your experience with us.