Camping is an experience that should be enjoyed to the fullest, so the last thing you want is for your trip to be ruined by coffee that tastes subpar. As a result, choosing the right French press is crucial.
There are a plethora of French presses on the market, and although some are effective, others do not offer all of the necessary features. It can be difficult to distinguish these from the efficient ones.
Here are our reviews of some of the best French presses, as well as a buyer’s guide, to help you choose the best French press for your needs.
Camping French Press
In a nutshell, materials like high-density polyethylene, stainless steel, and even titanium are tough. The inevitable bumps and drops that accompany an outdoor lifestyle will not harm a camp French press. That first cup of coffee in the morning while outside is something amazing.
While we warm up and take in our gorgeous surroundings, we all look forward to that comfortable cup of camp coffee. The durability and resilience to breaking is the most significant feature of a camp French press.
GSI Outdoors 30 Fl. Oz. JavaPress French Press
- ESCAPE THE DAILY GRIND: This easy, mess-free JavaPress is the most reliable camping buddy you'll find. It's BPA Free, made from copolyester, and is shatter resistant. What more could you ask for?
- THE PERFECT CUP OF JOE: Featuring the best of the best press filter design, making delicious French Press coffee carefree. When that mouthwatering brew is ready make sure to simply hold the base and gently lower the plunger. Voila!
- FUELED FOR ADVENTURE: Holding a full 30 fluid ounces of ground-free goodness, the JavaPress features a double-walled, insulated lid. Coffee stays hot, and you stay happy.
- STAY COMFY AND CAFFEINATED: The JavaPress is wrapped in a cloth sleeve with the handle made from water-resistant cloth, protecting your caffeine hungry friend's hands and keeping the coffee piping hot.
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE OUTDOORS: In 1985 three siblings combined their love for the outdoors and set out to create GSI Outdoors. Now, 32 years later, GSI continues to bring quality cookware to outdoor lovers everywhere.
The GSI Outdoors is the best choice for individuals who value beauty as well as efficiency. The filter design produces ultra-fine, rich-tasting coffee, and it can brew four cups of coffee. Your coffee will stay hot thanks to the double-insulated lid. The insulating cloth not only adds to the device’s visual appeal but also helps to keep the coffee warm. This French press has a collapsible handle, which adds to its portability.
This French press is simple to operate, and the ease with which it can be cleaned makes it ideal for camping. You won’t have to worry about breaking the GSI Outdoors because it is quite resilient. We recommend this press over any other French press for camping since it is efficient, convenient, reliable, and compact. It’s worth noting that it only makes four cups of coffee in a single round, which is a somewhat low capacity.
- Great design
- Simple to use
- Easy to clean
- Keeps coffee hot
- Limited capacity
Stanley Adventure All-in-One Boil + Brew Camping French Press
- 18/8 stainless steel, BPA-free
- Integrated pot + french press
- Locking pot handle
- Nesting system, Dishwasher safe
- Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty
The adaptability of this All-in-One French press is vital when the need to pack light arises. You not only get a boiler and a French press in one, but you also cut down on the number of dishes you have to do. Because of the folding handle and nesting construction, this French press is exceptionally small. It can brew 32 ounces of coffee at once, which is a decent amount.
Although this French press appears to be functional, the welding on the top near the lid was done incorrectly, and it will only be a matter of time before it falls apart. Although the handle is small, it is not very ergonomic and may cause you to spill water or coffee. The slowness of this French press necessitates patience when using it. Worse, the coffee produced isn’t as good as most people would like it to be, and it’s a little bitter. This is not a French press that we would recommend to a friend.
- Welding should be improved
- Non-ergonomic handle
- Slow brewing
- Rough and bitter coffee
Stanley Classic Stay Hot French Press 48oz
- MAKE NOW, DRINK LATER: Designed with double vacuum insulation, this French Press not only allows you to make an amazing cup of Joe but you can also keep it hot for up to 4 hours to enjoy as you go It can keep cold drinks cold for up to 9 hours
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: We designed this with two layers of naturally BPA-free 18/8 stainless steel walls to provide superior insulation The mesh plunger is strong enough to keep animals in their field but fine enough to keep grounds out of your cup
- EASY TO CLEAN: The last thing you want to do is spend your time cleaning – that’s why every piece of our French Press is dishwasher safe
- HOW TO USE: Place your favorite coffee grounds in the French Press, add boiling water and give it about 5 minutes to brew, then press the steel plunger once you’re ready to have a great cup of coffee to start your day
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: ‘BUILT FOR LIFE’. Since 1913 we’ve promised to provide rugged, capable gear for food and drink, built to last a lifetime. It’s a promise we still keep. Stanley products purchased from Stanley Resellers come with a lifetime warranty.
The Stanley Classic Stay Hot French Press is a substantial, feature-packed press that keeps on delivering.
The Stanley firm has been producing all-steel vacuum bottles since 1913, and while the 42-ounce French press is a newer addition to the brand’s roster, the same ruggedly attractive design is what distinguishes this French press from other glass, plastic, and ceramic types.
The BPA-free stainless-steel body is reinforced with double-wall vacuum insulation, ensuring that the coffee is poured out at the exact same temperature as the water you placed into the container (water temperature is a crucial factor for brewing a perfect French press coffee; I prefer mine at 195 degrees Fahrenheit).
It can keep beverages hot for four hours, cold for nine hours, and iced for twenty-four hours, and the steel mesh filter holds the grounds in place as you pour, leaving you with only a powerful, rich cup of coffee with very little residue (much less than my glass French press leaves).
- 48-ounce or 4-5 cups per brew
- 18/8 stainless steel
- Double-wall vacuum insulation
- Ergonomic handle
- Easy-to-clean filter
- Comes with a built-in steel coffee press
- Heavy at 2.5 pounds.
- There have been a few complaints about coffee grounds getting into freshly poured cups, so the filter could be improved.
KONA French Press Coffee Maker
- SIMPLY THE PUREST WAY ~ extract & brew any tea leaf or coffee bean's essential oils into a single glass carafe. Will turn any ordinary coffee into a gourmet coffee treat guaranteed or your money back
- PROTECTIVE DESIGN ~ unique & attractive insulated outer shell not only easy to admire on the kitchen counter but also protects from chips & cracks to the extra thick 34 oz borosilicate glass coffee pitcher. Unlike other thin metal frenchpress frames that rust and do little in protecting the glass carafe
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE ~ is durable & sturdy, clever design for free flowing & effortless pouring to your mug which also features a BPS / BPA FREE lid were no plastic comes in contact with your hot or iced cold brewed tea while steeping
- EASY TO CLEAN Dishwasher & Microwave Safe with detachable stainless steel filter screen system with a quick and easy press, rubber plunger knob. QUIET & non electric best for work office environments. PORTABLE & ECO FRIENDLY compact coffeemaker best space saver for your car hotel travel hiking & outdoor RV camping
- ORDER NOW with peace of mind due to over 11,500+ Satisfied Customer Reviews below. When you take that first warm sip of the day, you'll understand why so many people have rated it with an outstanding 5 out of 5 for 2020 most loved Coffee French Presser on Amazon. Also Double The Life of Your Coffee Maker Absolutely FREE by registering your Idylc Homes purchase today! See flyer inside the box for more details...
The KONA French Press Coffee Maker is made of glass and has an appealing design. It has a comfortable and durable handle. It has a huge capacity of 34 ounces and can make roughly six to eight cups of coffee. It’s easy to use, and it’s even easier to clean.
You may brew a fine and rich-tasting coffee thanks to the filtering system. On the flip side, the glass is prone to cracking and shattering, and the device is bulky, making transportation difficult.
- Ergonomic handle
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Big capacity
- Breaks easily
Womice French Press Coffee Maker
- Food Grade: The French press coffee maker is made of food-grade 18/10 (304)stainless steel that is 33% thicker and 20% heavier than the competition, making it more durable and rust-proof. No glass, NO crack, NO plastic and BPA-free.
- Do you like Hot Coffee? Yes, so do we. This type of coffee maker adopts a double-layer vacuum structure. The ‘keep warm’ for coffee is longer than that of a glass type, normally 2 to 3 hours. Enjoy hot coffee with your family!
- Hate coffee grounds? We do too. We use 18/10 stainless steel double-layer filter screens with 100 meshes to prevent coffee grinds from entering your coffee cup. Besides, extra 2pcs filter screens are provided, and the screen can be added and reduced according to the taste of coffee.
- Easy to Clean: The removable filter system and the smooth inner wall of the cup can facilitate the cleaning of all parts. At the same time, all parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- User-Friendly Design: The French press coffee maker has a user-friendly, cool touch handle, and a screened plunger. It feels comfortable and will not scald your hand at any time. At the same time, we provide 12 months of quality assurance service, during which time we will provide replacement services for any quality problems.
Because of its big capacity of 34 ounces, the Womice French Press Coffee Maker is a good choice for a group of campers. It’s constructed of stainless steel, so it’s tough and can endure everything, including hot flames and rough surfaces. This is definitely a plus for clumsy campers.
This French press’ double-layer vacuum structure ensures that your coffee stays hot for longer. This press is simple to operate and maintain.
Unfortunately, the handle is uncomfortable to hold and protrudes more than typical French presses’ handles. The device’s compactness suffers as a result.
Although it can brew a huge volume of coffee in a single round, it does so slowly and the filter does not completely filter the coffee. Because the lid does not completely seal when brewing, the coffee cools down faster despite the two-layer vacuum.
Everyone wants a portable coffee maker that can create exactly the correct amount of coffee, but if it’s too heavy, it’s useless. It would be difficult to carry the Womice French press because it is rather hefty.
- Large storage capacity
- Simple to use
- It’s not compact.
- The handle isn’t comfortable to hold.
- The lid does not completely close.
Coffee Gator 4-Cup French Press Coffee Maker with Travel Canister in Insulated Stainless Steel
- Flavor - Hate boring, cold coffee? We do too! Our huge capacity coffee press is vacuum-layered and double-filtered to bring you a flavor more full than your email inbox. Oh yeah, you even get a mini canister for storing your next caffeine hit
- Keep it steamy - the stainless steel french press keeps coffee (or tea) warm 60 minutes longer than glass coffee presses! It also has a cool-touch handle and a spring-loaded, double-screen filter that will deliver one mean and clean cup of joe
- Professional grade in every way - This insulated french press brewer is tough, durable and rust proof. Unlike glass, it won’t break when you drop it (but your floor might need some attention). Your search for coffee that makes you smile ends here
- Unique & next level design - The coffee french press is uniquely designed to keep sediment out of your cup while letting the delicious coffee oils into it. This results in a richer, full-bodied brew that will leave you grinning from ear to ear
- A thoughtful gift - Do you know someone who camps a lot or spends their mornings out on the lake? This camping french press is a practical device that can brew them up some camping coffee and provide what few gifts can... convenience
Although Coffee Gator is not a household name, they have sold over 100,000 camping French presses and are a worthy competitor to the more expensive Stanley. It is a fantastic value that doesn’t compromise on quality.
- 34 oz. or 4-5 cups of camp coffee
- Stainless steel
- Double-walled insulation
- Dual filter screen
- Cool-touch handle
- Free coffee canister
- More affordable than Stanley’s
- Does not stay hot for as long as they would like.
- When it comes to insulation, quality control might be a little shaky.
- The exterior coating is susceptible to peeling.
AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Microfilter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute, and unlike a French press, it can also brew espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
- Perfect for home kitchen use, the AeroPress is lightweight, compact, portable and durable, making it also ideal for traveling, camping, backpacking, boating and more!
- Includes the AeroPress press, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 microfilters and a filter holder. Phthalate free and BPA free. Mug not included. Assembled measurements: 9 1/2" h X 4" w X 4" d
Although the AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker is not a French press, we included it in our top selections because of its efficiency and ease. This equipment makes it simple to make coffee while camping. It quickly makes three cups of rich-tasting coffee without losing taste. The resulting coffee is not harsh and can be kept for a few days. For fine and smooth coffee, there is a microfilter.
This coffee maker is multifunctional since it can brew both American and Espresso coffees. Despite the fact that you’re camping, you’ll be able to experience some diversity. Cleaning takes simply a few seconds once you’ve finished preparing your coffee. For solo campers, this coffee maker will be great. It employs filter paper, which some people find inconvenient because the filter bags must be disposed of on a regular basis.
- Easy to use and clean
- Produces excellent coffee
- Utilizes filter bags
Why do you need a French Press for camping?
With a camp French press, you only need a few items to have your morning coffee ready: a carafe, cover, and plunger.
Easy to use
In only 5 easy steps, you can get from fresh whole beans to robust camp brew. In a moment, I’ll break out the really simple brewing process!
The oils extracted from the coffee beans have nowhere to go in a French press, giving the coffee a richer, silkier texture. When compared to other brewing methods, such as drip coffee makers or pour-over coffee, Some even describe it as ‘chewy,’ which I adore!
But don’t fret, depending on the level of roast, you do have some control over this. You can choose a medium or light roast for a lighter, thinner texture. Choose a bold or extra bold roast and steep for 4 minutes if you like a bold, chewy cup.
There aren’t any serious drawbacks to using a camp French press to make camp coffee, but there are a handful of minor annoyances to be aware of.
- Preparation is a sort of ritual for me. While the brewing process is straightforward, you should pay attention to your coffee grind, water temperature, and steeping time to get that perfect mug. It’s not difficult, but it does necessitate some attention. Plus, be careful not to pour any coffee powder particles into your cup when serving.
- The plunger/filter, as well as the steeped coffee grounds from the carafe, are a little messy to cleanout. This isn’t much of a gripe, but I bring it up because there are alternative ways to make camp coffee that are handier.
Before deciding to buy a French press, consider the following features.
Steel, glass, and plastic are some of the materials used in French presses. However, because the camping environment isn’t as forgiving as your home, choosing the most durable material is a sensible decision. A French press comes in a variety of materials, so you may pick one that suits your tastes and needs.
Glass French Press
When you plunge the coffee into the glass jar, you can watch it brew. Because it is fragile, you should use borosilicate glass which is non-breakable. To add to the protection, most glass presses come with plastic or metal supports. It’s also crucial to have a strong foundation.
Stainless Steel French Press
The stainless steel French press material helps to hold the heat for a longer period of time, resulting in a tastier cup of coffee. It has a double-walled design and is more durable than a glass French press.
One of the most crucial jobs of a camper is to use resources sustainably. As a result, your French press should be able to make enough coffee for everyone in a single round. Before you buy a French press, be sure you know how many ounces it can hold.
Ease of use
Camping is a great way to reconnect with nature, and it only takes a few simple yet efficient items to do so. Your French press should be simple to use, with only a few steps required. You should be able to clean it with minimal effort as well.
If you’re going camping, your French press should be simple to transport. It will be useful to have a French press that is lightweight and compact. If you’re looking for something little, French press mugs are a good option.
Examine the components of a French press, such as the lid and handle. They should be durable and comfortable to use. As a general rule, quality comes at a cost. Although this isn’t always the case, if an item appears to be too good to be true, it’s probably cheap because of its poor quality.
If you don’t want to drink loose ground or dark coffee while camping, you’ll need a filter. Separating the liquid from the solid is crucial, which is why the French press comes with filtration and filters the coffee to perfection. Furthermore, a good seal around the edge will ensure that no stragglers pass through the carafe side.
Everyone wants their morning coffee on time, especially when camping, and those who drink four to five cups of coffee each day need a press that can keep up. They will always choose the quickest option. Getting the best and fastest French press for a quick cup of coffee can be beneficial.
Basic dishwashing will remove almost all of the coffee grounds from your carafe and filter, but you’ll want to disassemble the filtering mechanism every now and again to get the remaining few particles out.
Not only did the expensive French presses function well, but so did the less expensive ones. Many manufacturers now provide budget-friendly presses that provide even better value for money, ensuring that coffee-making does not break the bank.
Finally, when looking for a camping French press, keep the insulation in mind. Camping is frequently about unwinding and savoring the time. This usually doesn’t imply chugging cup after cup of coffee, rather, it entails kicking back and relishing a steaming cup while gazing out over the lake or forests.
The difficulty is that if you don’t drink your coffee quickly enough, it will become unpleasantly cold. You may feel pressured each time you brew a batch as a result of this. Insulation is crucial in this situation.
Double walls or insulating layers are used in some French presses. By keeping your leftovers warm for you, these designs allow you extra time to relish each sip.
You should have gathered from these evaluations that the GSI Outdoors JavaPress is our top-rated French press. It’s tiny, but it is the best. Another excellent option is the compact but multifunctional AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker. At the end of the day, it depends on your preference. So, assess your needs and decide from there!
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-11-30