You should already know about the Jura espresso machines as a true espresso lover, as the odds are that you have desired one of their machines at some point. Most espresso lovers think about having the best Jura espresso machine since these devices produce some of the best quality and best-tasting espressos. In terms of coffee machines, the sleek-looking and high-end Jura coffee maker is an accurate description of luxury. We have reviews and a purchasing guide here to assist you in selecting the right one.
About Jura: the espresso machine luxury brand
Jura, also known as Jura Elektroapparate AP, is a Swiss company that has been manufacturing home appliances since the beginning of 1931 and is renowned for producing some extremely creative high-end goods built to provide the end consumer with some basic home or office solutions. They are among the first brands to develop automated coffee and espresso machines that have been produced since 1981. The standard high-end styles and features are also available on both their coffee and espresso machines as it has been.
They now have espresso machines built to suit the desires of home and business consumers alike. And they are unbeatable in the automated espresso machine market as their devices perform not just well but even have more features and the latest sophisticated technology.
While the business still has the greatest hold in Switzerland, its country of birth, it is now active in several other European countries. It has a big market share in the US market for automated espresso machines. You should check out their automated espresso machine on Amazon for a good picture of what they have to sell.
Jura terms you should know before buying or using the machine
The following are some main innovations that you may anticipate from the better Jura coffee machines and what sets them apart from the many cheaper espresso makers on the market.
- Aroma+ Grinder: Aroma+ Grinder is available in multiple models, such as G2 and G3, and is built to provide the best bean experience for brewing. This extremely powerful grinder can gently grind all coffee beans into fine grounds that are ideal for espresso making. The grinder uses burrs of stainless steel that provide quick, quiet, and gentle grinding, so that rich and flavorful espressos still end up in the drink.
- CLARIS Filter Device: The CLARIS filter system’s anti-scaling technology filters out the hard minerals in the water and guarantees that the heating factor does not build up. This filter device often aims to reduce harm to the heating unit due to mineral build-up and reduce the need to use chemicals to clean up the coffee maker, thereby effectively increasing the machine’s service life.
- CLEARYL: These are cartridge filters designed to eliminate impurities from your machine’s water.
- IPBAS: an acronym for the Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma Device. IPBAS is a highly effective pre-infusion device that you can get from most of Jura’s top coffee makers. It is one of the major explanations of why these coffee makers produce such incredible brews. This pre-infusion technology comes into action during the beans’ grinding stage, and applying a little water to them helps to pull out the maximum flavor in the grounds.
- IWS: The Intelligent Water System is a detection system that the espresso machine’s filter needs to be replaced.
- ESM: Energy Save Mode is a tech feature that allows you to customize your machine’s energy output to save output during parts of the day when your machine is not in use. ESM-equipped machines can be programmed to save up to 40% of energy output.
- PEP: What follows IPBAS is PEP or Pulse Extraction Method. Its primary function is to maximize the extraction of coffee from the grinds, but it also ensures even and effective shot pulling. PEP achieves all this by controlling the amount of hot water and pumping it through the grounds according to the particular specifications of the individual drink you are producing.
- Fine Foam Technology: This technology is meant to make it easier for your espresso-based milk drinks to get professional-quality microfoam. It produces the ideal microfoam by frothing the milk in different chambers twice and then steadily and more uniformly spreading it to the milk-based drinks.
Here’s what we think you should keep in mind when buying a Jura espresso machine:
- Price: Prices range from $800 for a single cup machine, to above $5,000
- Maintenance: Jura machines all have self-cleaning technologies, and regularly purchase self-cleaning fluids and tablets that the machine uses to maintain itself
- Size: Some of these espresso machine are pretty large. Jura’s size range ranges from ultra-compact to miniature tanks, so just measure you’re counter BEFORE purchasing.
Jura 15150 J6
Best for ease of use. 6 programmable one-touch buttons (four coffee buttons, one hot water and one steam button) are easily accessible in the middle and top of the machine.
- The capacity of the Water Tank: 70.3 fluid ounces
- Power of Bean Hopper: 8,8 ounces
- Form of grinder: Aroma G3
- Size: 16.5 x 11 x 13.25 inches
- Weight 24 Pounds
The Jura 15150 has a lot to sell, like all other choices in our Jura espresso machine reviews. When it comes to making coffee for this model, the versatility is what seems to give it an advantage as it comes with some self-explanatory controls and a good TFT monitor. This unit also has an Aroma G3 grinder built to deliver two times faster grinding and to ensure the retention of all the flavors and aromas in the coffee beans.
This espresso machine can also ensure an optimum extraction period for the richest tastes, with Jura’s special Pulse Extraction Process. A highly successful and reliable foaming technology for cappuccino and latte lovers can offer rich and fluffy milk foam. And this is a clever coffee machine compliant with the Jura coffee software as well.
It seems that this Jura espresso machine takes a bit too many cleaning cycles as many users would want. This feature is something you can deal with, though, and it is a positive thing since it means that the system is still properly clean for the highest quality of the coffee. It is a more accessible, refurbished Jura coffee machine for those shopping on a tight budget.
- Simple to use
- Grinds quicker and save all the flavors
- Has optimum period for an extraction
- Efficient technology for foaming
- It needs more cycles for washing.
Jura 13626 ENA 1
Best budgeted Jura espresso machine. The Jura machine for everyone. Prepare 3 Barista quality specialties including Ristretto, Espresso and coffee at the touch of a button – Coffee only
- Water Tank Capacity: 36.8 ounces of fluid
- Power of Bean Hopper: 4,4 ounces
- Form of grinder: Multi-level conical
- Size: 9.06 x 17.52 x 12.72 inches
- Weight 19.4 Pounds
Jura’s model 13626 will be a great option for homeowners searching for a highly versatile yet economical single-cup espresso machine. This top-rated Jura espresso machine uses a multi-level grinder to produce some great espressos, operating with the microbrewing tool. It is quick to use this ultra-compact system since it also has an easy-to-use touch screen with three settings for cup sizes and two fragrance settings to make it easy for coffee lovers to pick their favorite drinks.
This coffee maker was also built to be more eco-conscious, like many other Jura devices, so it has an automatic energy-saving feature, a programmable turn-off timer, and a zero-energy switch for optimum energy usage.
But, eventually, its lower price tag, feature-rich architecture, and the fact that it takes up little counter room are what can render this one of the strongest budget Jura espresso machines. Given that many top-of-the-line Jura espresso machines would have at least twice that, the 4.4-ounce bean hopper size is surprisingly limited. It can, though, also be appropriate for a small single-cup espresso machine.
- Relatively more available
- Effective and balanced grinder
- User-friendly screen for contact regulation
- Space-saving and lightweight architecture
- Extremely efficient in terms of energy
- Smaller size bean hopper
- Only one cup can be made at a time.
Jura 15097 E8
Best overall. 12 programmable specialties and 8 programmable levels of Coffee strength
- Water Tank Capacity: 64.2 ounces of fluid
- Power of Bean Hopper: 9,9 ounces
- Form of grinder: 6-Level Aroma G3
- Size: 17.3 x 11 x 13.8 inches
- Weight 22 Pounds
The Jura 15097 coffee maker uses the extremely effective Aroma G3 grinder with six setting settings to ensure that the coffee beans will still be ground optimally. And to ensure outstanding extraction, it also has a Pulse Extraction Process and a high-pressure pump. These features are the two key elements that make it our strongest overall model since you regularly get a decent coffee.
A total of 20 programmable settings, 12 specialty drinks, and eight power levels also make it simple to change your coffee strength. And the buttons can also be more natural with the TFT color panel, which means it’s a breeze to pick your favorite cocktail.
This Jura espresso machine is also designed for those that enjoy milk-based coffee because it incorporates revolutionary fine foam technology to produce superior quality foam reliably. Although this espresso machine has great foaming technology, the milk doesn’t seem to get hot enough for hot chocolate drinks, so that it would be ideal for coffee-based brews.
You can also conveniently hold milk hot by investing in a stainless steel milk container like Jura 65381 since it has thermal insulation. In the E8 series, Jura also has another much more efficient unit, the Jura 15109, which has more or less the same characteristics as this one, but with a much more rugged architecture to make it suitable for industrial usage.
- Many choices of programmable coffee power
- Optimized time for extraction
- Delivers optimally ground coffee every time
- A more successful method of pre-infusion
- Super simple buttons to use
- The milk is not getting heavy
Jura 15270 E8
Prepare 16 barista quality specialties including espresso, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- Water Tank Capacity: 63.6 ounces of fluid
- Power of Bean Hopper: 9,9 ounces
- Form of grinder: 6-Level Aroma G3
- Size: 20 x 12.2 x 16.1 inches
- Weight 22.3 Pounds
The Jura 15270’s best feature is its revolutionary fine foam technology that has been built to create some of the lightest and frothiest milk foam you might ever have. It makes it easy for you to brew some rich and tasty espresso drinks from cappuccinos to cafe lattes based on milk. And if you combine it with a decent milk bottle like Jura 72570, you’ll have an even better time producing your milk-based drinks.
The 6-level Aroma G3 grinder, though, also helps make this one of the best Jura espresso machines. It guarantees that it produces super-fast freshly ground coffee while retaining all the pleasant aroma and flavors. This espresso machine often uses the Pulse Extraction Method of Jura to ensure optimum coffee extraction so that even specialty brews such as the quick ristretto with a more concentrated flavor can be produced.
It could also be simpler for you to use this espresso machine, as it will have an easy to read TFT monitor and assigned buttons for various drinks. And there is also an intelligent water machine that guarantees you produce coffee with the finest water, which is also really convenient.
You would need to clean the milk dispensing device any time you use it while using this Jura gadget, which can be a little boring considering that it takes up to 5 minutes. But this is a small price to pay for some of the most creamy cappuccinos and lattes to enjoy.
Foam technology that is creative and successful
Detection of variable filters
Effective and fast grinder
Optimized coffee bean extraction
Milk dispensers do a little too much rinsing
Jura 15148 A1
Best as Super Automatic Coffee Machine. Prepare 3 barista quality specialties including ristretto, espresso and coffee at the touch of a button – coffee only
- The capacity of Water Tank: 37 Fluid Ounces
- Power of Bean Hopper: 4,4 ounces
- Grinder type: Aroma
- Size: 20.5 x 12.7 x 18.6 inches
- Weight 23 Pounds
The Jura 15148 is a special purchase if you enjoy the effortless usage and reliability of a super-automatic espresso machine. It is a highly effective model that uses thermoblock heating technology to guarantee that you get the maximum extraction with a 15 bar pump. This computer also has several quick and intuitive controls that will make it easy for even total novices to use it. And because Jura knows that different coffee lovers have different tastes, three programmable coffee specialties and strength levels are given by this unit.
The Aroma grinder produces on-demand, freshly ground coffee beans full of flavor, and good aromas. This feature will guarantee you have the freshest and tastiest coffee in combination with the water filter. Overall, this is indeed a better machine to use because it has an automated auto shut off. When it comes to repairs, you should also be assured that you can have a simpler time since it has a handy self-cleaning function that will alert you when cleaning up the unit.
And in addition to this black piano option, the Jura 15148 has a white piano option. It ensures you have something that fits your preferences and decor. With this espresso machine, the bean hopper’s cover is the most noticeable shortcoming since it does not appear to operate very well. It looks good, though, and once you get used to this computer, this should not be a major deal.
- Controls that are easy and intuitive
- An effective method of heating with a strong pump
- Form and power programmable brew
- Safer to be included
- Self-cleaning easily
- Bean hopper cover requires enhancement.
Jura 15145 WE8
Prepare 12 barista quality specialties including perfect espresso with JURA’s exclusive Pulse Extraction Process, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- Capacity Water Tank: 101 fluid ounces
- The capacity of the Bean Hopper: 17,6 ounces
- Form of grinder: Aroma G3
- Size: 17.50 x 11.60 x 16.50 inches
- Weight 22 Pounds
The Jura 15145 is the perfect choice for you to search for a decent Jura espresso machine for use in your workplace. Its tiny size ensures that in your office it can take up less room. And despite being smaller, it still has a larger water tank size of 101 ounces and a hopper capacity of 17.6 ounces, which means that until it requires refilling, it will produce multiple cups of coffee or espresso shots. This espresso maker is also flexible since it is programmable and customizable to create a broad range of drinks and choose your favorite intensity for the brew.
Also, as it comes with several intuitive one-touch buttons that ensure quick and easy usage, the process is simple. The Aroma G3 grinder provides the optimal grind each time to ensure you still get the freshest coffee. Much as in many other Jura espresso machines, what certain consumers would not appreciate is the endless self-rinsing, which seems to waste a lot of power. Although it is intended to keep this unit as hygienic as possible and preserve the perfect coffee flavor, this is a good thing.
- Function optimally for workplaces
- Rapid and basic one-touch process
- Produces a wide selection of drinks
- Relatively greater reservoir
- Highly reliable grinder
- Constant self-rinsing
As you’ve gathered from our analysis, Jura coffee machines are definitely some of the best-quality automatic coffee machines currently on the market.
Ultimately, it’s about budget, personal taste, and desires. Any Jura machine in your home will make great coffee, and it’s always a nice day to start your morning with a great cup of coffee. Instead of simply making Joe’s nice cup, Jura engineering and design ensure precision, performance, and perfection in every brew.
If you’re here for the basics, the A1 should suit your needs perfectly. But if you’re on a live-in barista market, the Jura 13623 Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Machine might be the best choice. I didn’t do a review for the Giga 5, since this is a bit over-the-top for majority of our readers, costing north of $5,000. However, if you got the cash, go for it!
If you’re looking for something the J6 is a decent option for the best budgeted Jura espresso machine.
Are Jura coffee machines worth the money?
Overall Jura is of higher quality with far more features. That comes with a higher price tag. If you’re looking for something more affordable, Gaggia is also a great brand, worth a look. Some machines are comparable in features and price.
How long should a Jura coffee machine last?
The average expected lifetime is 10 years, however, proper maintenance would make it last longer.
Why is Jura so expensive?
Using a better-quality material almost always guarantees the coffee maker’s longevity, but comes with a higher bill. Jura only uses high-quality plastics, stainless steel.
How often do you clean Jura coffee machine?
Most Jura machines will warn you after 180 brewing cycles or 80 on/off cycles.
Does Jura make regular coffee?
No, it’s an espresso machine. However, you can make an Americano.