The French press is a simple way to make fresh, delicious coffee home. Add ground coffee and hot water, wait for about 4-5 minutes, and then press the filter down with the metal handle.
Table Of Contents−
- The advantages of using metal french press
- Best metal french press you can buy
- French Press Buying Guide
The result is delicious and aromatic coffee much stronger than any other preparation method. Unfortunately, most low-quality French presses can easily break when you use them for making coffee.
That’s why we have found some of the best metal french presses available today. We have examined dozens of options and are sure you will be happy with any of these recommendations.
The advantages of using metal french press
The sturdy powerhouse is known as the metal french press. Many crowded cafes choose metal presses rather than glass ones to lessen the possibility of breaking goods and making messes.
Because customers rarely observe the brewing process, coffee businesses can get away with using metal french presses. They only see the last mug that is brought to them. However, if you choose a metal french press, you will miss out on the aesthetic appeal of french press brewing.
The coffee grinds’ whirling in the brewing liquid is not visible to you. You cannot observe the grounds rising and falling as they release flavors and fragrances into the water. It’s unfortunate and represents the price we pay for increased toughness.
Best metal french press you can buy
1. Frieling Stainless Steel French Press
- DUAL SCREEN ZERO SEDIMENT FILTER: The Frieling French Press Coffee Maker is designed to keep the coffee grounds out of your cup so you can enjoy delicious, smooth coffee with every pour. Thanks to the patented 2-stage filter system, you can enjoy the perfect cup of coffee with zero sediment.
- DOUBLE-WALLED DESIGN: The double-wall design means that this coffee press will deliver hot coffee or tea for years to come. The insulated body and lid retain heat better than glass and stay hot up to 4 times longer. Also, the durable 18/10 stainless steel inside and out means no more broken glass or corrosion, and all parts are dishwasher safe.
- ELEVATED COFFEE EXPERIENCE: Award winning and top-rated by countless magazines and coffee aficionados, the Frieling French Press Coffee Maker is a favorite in the best hotels and restaurants. This press delivers an easy to brew, full-bodied, consistently satisfying mug of coffee.
The Frieling French Press strikes the perfect balance between form and purpose. Its outside is made of highly polished stainless steel, making for a lovely kitchen display. The full-length handle makes it simple to lift and pour.
The smoothest cup of coffee you’ll ever taste from a French Press is produced by the two-stage filter and 18/10 grade stainless steel.
For our insulation test, we monitored the coffee’s temperature 10 and 30 minutes after brewing, and the Frieling French Press placed it in the upper half of all the models. Therefore, the insulation is above average but not exceptional, which is a slight letdown given its high price.
The item is dishwasher safe and is simple to disassemble. The plunger doesn’t even need to be taken apart before being washed.
The product has four sizes: 17, 23, 36, and 44 ounces.
- Strong, high-quality materials
- A striking design
- Produces good coffee
- Exceptional insulation
- The finish is susceptible to smudges and stains
2. ESPRO P7 Double Walled Stainless Steel Insulated Coffee French Press
- BE YOUR OWN COFFEE HERO - The Espro Press P7’s unique design makes it easy to brew cafe-worthy coffee you’ll love; Make your kitchen your favorite place to get coffee
- GRIT / SLUDGE FREE - Unlike other presses, the patented double micro-filter keeps your cup extraordinarily free of grit and sludge; Leave no sip behind
- NO MORE BITTERNESS - Pressing the filter stops extraction completely, so your coffee doesn’t get bitter over time; The last cup tastes just like the first
A French Press with cutting-edge filtration technology is what you need if you love coffee but detest thick sludge. A unique double micro-filter by ESPRO has been created to eliminate all the heavy grit from your coffee. This is accomplished by putting the coffee through a basket-shaped, ultra-fine mesh filter with two layers and a silicone seal all the way around to keep any grounds from leaking into your drink.
There are four excellent design possibilities available. There is one for every kitchen among these, which comes in matte white, matte black, brushed stainless steel, and polished stainless steel. There are two sizes of the P7: 18 and 32 ounces.
This French press has a well-considered design and is exquisitely crafted; it works well and looks fantastic in your kitchen.
- The claimed temperature is accurate; it maintains a comfortable temperature for coffee beverages.
- The filtering lessens the amount of sludge and grounds that enter your cup.
- The stainless steel seems quite durable.
- Double filtration makes cleaning more complex than with other options.
- You cannot brew just one cup.
3. Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
- French press: Chambord French press brews a premium cup of Coffee in just 4 minutes, simply add course ground Coffee, hot water and press
- Stainless steel: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter. Made of plastic
- Durable design: Coffee press features Bodum Patented safety lid to keep contents from spilling and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
Bodum, a reputable company, has produced coffee makers, including numerous varieties of French presses. The Bodum Chambord is incredibly well-liked due mainly to its timeless appearance of a glass carafe with an exterior steel frame.
It comes in various sizes, ranging from 12 ounces to 51 ounces, as well as multiple colors, allowing you to fit the design of your kitchen.
The mesh filter on the stainless steel plunger helps extract the aromatic oils while discarding the grounds. It’s a great purchase that offers outstanding value for the money and is a great French press for beginners.
- Classic style
- large selection of sizes and finishes
- The plunger may be unsteady
- Carafe’s frame has a little slant.
4. STERLINGPRO French Press
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Getting coffee grounds in your mouth while drinking coffee is something no one wants. The unique two screens system is the first of its kind on the coffee press market. The first screen brushes the wall evenly and tightly; the second screen catches any tiny grounds that may have passed through the first screen. This leaves your coffee 100% free of grounds!
- DOUBLE-WALL 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL: The interior wall keeps coffee and tea warm for longer, while the exterior wall stays cool to the touch. This French press is made entirely with only the finest 18/10 stainless steel throughout, with no plastic parts at all. Its classy and timeless mirror finish makes it a sleek accent piece in any kitchen.
- RUST RESISTANT & DISHWASHER SAFE: Designed to last for years, stainless steel is sturdier, easier to clean, and less likely to break than glass french presses. Handle is made ergonomically so you won’t burn your hands. It’s the ideal choice of coffee maker especially if you have pets and/or children around the house.
We suggest the SterlingPro French press if you want great-tasting coffee that stays hot while brewing. Our coffee was maintained at an excellent 167 F after 30 minutes, thanks to its double-wall stainless steel carafe and lid.
Measurement lines are included on this French press so you can accurately add water to the carafe. The metal filter plunges into the carafe with a scraping sound similar to many all-stainless French presses (which occasionally can be unpleasant).
- Coffee stayed hot thanks to a double-wall stainless steel design.
- Measurement lines.
- In testing, coffee was created with a delicious texture.
- A loud scraping sound is produced by the metal filter can.
5. Muller French Press
- If you really care about your coffee – We tested enough mechanisms and filters to make your head spin to tweak and uniquely design our press with a triple layered filter structure to stop the sediment, but let the yummy coffee oils through for a full-bodied delicious brew that will make you a very happy camper. And to share the java love, we give you a bonus matching travel canister that holds enough beans or grounds for two full batches.
- More thicker, More heavier, Built to last – Our huge capacity professional grade 304 18/10 double-layered stainless-steel baby will keep your coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than thinner steel and glass models. And it’s drop proof, rust proof, and probably bulletproof (be nice).
- Multiple Uses – Besides using the French Press as a coffee maker, it is also handy appliance to make tea, mct oil coffee, hot chocolate, cold brew, frothed milk, almond milk, cashew milk, fruit infusions, and plant and herbal drinks as it seals in their flavors and aromas
The Muller French press coffee machine can produce delicious coffee with filters that will make your head spin. It has a three-layer filter structure with a distinctive design.
It can prevent sediment while allowing the flavorful coffee oils to pass, resulting in a beautiful, full-bodied beverage. You receive two matching travel containers with stainless steel screens in every order.
This machine can hold 2.1 pounds, which is sufficient for a family. Due to the two stainless steel walls’ ability to keep coffee warm for hours, you will receive warm coffee.
It features an extra-fine filter that does need consistent downward pressure but does an excellent job of keeping grounds out.
Because of its stainless steel body, the Muller French press coffee maker machine lasts longer than other machines. The finishes on mirrors are meant to last.
- System of 4-Level Filtration
- The fine mesh screen prevents grain bitterness.
- The press is made entirely of steel to prevent breaking.
- Appliance Safe
- It provides rich, full-bodied coffee.
- No measurements of fluids.
- Cleaning the filter is difficult.
French Press Buying Guide
Here are a few factors to consider while looking for a reliable, metal French press.
Various materials, such as glass, plastic, ceramic, and stainless steel, are used to make French presses. While ceramic and stainless steel generally holds heat better and keep your coffee warmer for longer, especially if the carafe is double-walled, glass and plastic presses are fantastic for watching your coffee brew and typically cost less.
These coffee makers come in various sizes and designs, from single-serve units to enormous ones that can prepare up to 8 cups of coffee. Regardless of whether you want to use a large travel mug or a smaller standard cup, be sure to consider its size.
The filter’s design might affect how you use and appreciate your French press. You can have a cup of coffee that tastes smoother by using some techniques that are optimized for less sediment. If you enjoy smooth and grit-free coffee, be sure the model you select includes at least a dual-layer filter.
French presses often use metal-mesh filters. French presses do not utilize paper filters since doing so would make it exceedingly challenging to depress the plunger. A risky french press is one with a robust plunger.
Although this essential factor is strongly related to the content of a French press, it deserves discussion. When moving to a French press, coffee users who are used to drip machines with two-hour hot plates can be frustrated. Not just French presses but all non-electric coffee makers naturally struggle to maintain coffee’s heat for as long as electric brewing apparatuses can.
This is fine if you only make one or two cups and consume them quickly. However, if you value being able to keep coffee hot for an extended period, think about purchasing a thermal or insulated French press.
The french press’s lid has the power to succeed or fail. Splashes and spills can be avoided, and the heat can be retained with the help of a well-designed lid that seals the carafe. When brewing coffee, a drip-free spout design also helps you avoid a ton of mess.
Ease of cleaning
The procedure needs to be completed after the coffee is made. When finished, take out the plunger, throw away the leftover coffee grounds, and clean the carafe so it can be used again. Dishwasher-safe parts will expedite the procedure, but some individuals prefer to wash their press by hand immediately after use to always be ready for use.
Unlike other coffee makers, French presses with a glass carafe are pretty brittle and are more likely to chip or break. Brand instructions often say not to mix with metal spoons to prevent damaging the glass. Examine the warranty of an item before making a purchase.
No matter your needs or financial position, numerous brands and types of French presses are available, which is one of the best things about using one to make coffee.
A sturdy and convenient alternative for producing delicious coffee at home, at work, or anywhere is a metal french press. The double-wall, insulated choices, available in various sizes and shapes to meet your needs, are great for keeping your coffee piping hot until you’re ready to serve it. This review made it simple for you to choose the one that’s right for you.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-11-29