Coffee has undeniably become the majority’s part of daily routine. It is an energy-jolter. Despite it having a lot of stigma, generally, consuming coffee in moderate amounts is not harmful. In fact, according to Healthline, it can help you burn fat faster and boost your metabolism.
Table Of Contents−
- Highly-recommended iced coffee tumblers
- Beast 30oz stormy sky tumbler
- Bluepeak double wall stainless steel vacuum
- Tronco 24oz glass tumbler glass water bottle straw silicon protective sleeve bamboo lid
- Ello devon glass tumbler with silicone sleeve
- Civago 20oz tumbler with lid and straw
- Simple modern classic insulated tumbler with straw and flip
- Chill cups insulated stainless steel tumbler with straw
- What to look for in an iced coffee tumbler or mugs?
- Frequently asked questions
- Is drinking coffee bad for your health?
- Why do steel tumblers have that weird smell after several days of use?
- Is it safe to drink from stainless steel tumblers?
- How long can tumbler maintain the beverage temperature?
- How do I clean my tumbler and how often should I do it?
- Why do establishments serve iced coffee in plastic cups?
Some prefer drinking it hot while others also love to-go iced coffee. The problem is, some tumblers cannot retain the coffee’s initial temperature, and coffee in a not-so-hot or not-so-cold temperature can be pretty bland.
If you are an iced coffee lover, we compiled a guide for you to help you in your purchasing decision. We also listed some tumbler recommendations worth of consideration
Highly-recommended iced coffee tumblers
Considering the appearance, durability and reusability, and portability requirements above, here are our seven iced coffee tumbler recommendations which you will not regret purchasing.
Beast 30oz stormy sky tumbler
This vacuum insulated coffee ice cup is made of stainless steel so you won’t have that awful taste of steel in your beverage that you get from cheaply-made materials. It is durable and sturdy. Like regular tumblers, you still need to clean this regularly to prevent it from leeching off.
- Well-insulated to maintain initial content temperature
- With a powder finish exterior for a super smooth texture
- Made of 304 18/8 stainless steel, food-grade premium quality
- With a splash-proof and secure lid fit for movement and securing inside the bag
- Comes with two straw types—a straight one for thick drinks like smoothies, and bent one for water.
Bluepeak double wall stainless steel vacuum
This double wall insulated tumbler set can be bought for a set of two, one for yourself and the other one for whomever you want to gift it to. It has a minimal design with a metal lid, and the body is made of 304 18/8 stainless steel making it free from odors and weird aftertaste. It is good for keeping your beverage at constant temperature for several hours.
- Made of BPA-free steel
- Has a capacity of 20 ounces
- Comes with two straws for each tumbler
- Can keep beverages at constant temperature
- Comes with a long cleaning brush which can thoroughly clean all parts of the tumbler
- Comes with two lids for each tumbler- one for splash proof on-the-go sipping and one for sipping directly
Tronco 24oz glass tumbler glass water bottle straw silicon protective sleeve bamboo lid
This is a transparent tumbler but is not at all fragile. It can withstand high temperatures. It’s durability extends to its lid as it’s lid is made of natural wood for a tight fit and slash-free drinking experience even when on-the-go. If you are easily bored with a single-appearance tumbler, this one is the best for you as it comes with various colored sleeves which you can switch from time to time.
- Can hold 24 ounces
- Free from harmful chemicals like BPA/BBPS
- With a silicon sleeve cover for better grip and to keep the glass from sweating
- Made with borosilicate glass for maintaining liquid temperature and ease of cleaning
Ello devon glass tumbler with silicone sleeve
Almost similar to the Tronco 24oz glass tumbler in terms of material but is more appealing.
This tumbler is easy to clean and maintain, and will not give you awful taste and odor, giving you that fresh drink. Regular cleaning is still recommended though.
- Has a wooden lid
- Durable glass body
- Comes with one straw
- Can hold 18 ounces of liquid
- Comes with a silicone sleeve
Civago 20oz tumbler with lid and straw
Compared to the previous minimalist and simple design tumblers mentioned, this one is best for those who are into funky vibes. You can pick a color that fits your personality, and there’s a wide array of colors to choose from—from chrome to prints to solid colors. It is easy to wash and maintain, and has a vacuum between the walls to ensure that heat will not transfer from the inner wall to the outer wall.
- With a reusable straw
- With a splash-proof lid
- Can hold 20 ounces of liquid
- Made of high-grade 18/8 stainless steel
- Double-walled insulation for good insulation
- Exterior made of glass for smooth finish and easy grip
- With electro-polish interior and colored powder coating exterior
Simple modern classic insulated tumbler with straw and flip
This well-insulated and slightly tapered in the end tumbler will fit most cup holders and is best for those on-the-go drinkers. It has an impressive exterior appearance and comes with various color choices ranging from jet black to pure white to mute colors and marble finishes to fit different personalities.
- Double-walled for better insulation
- Lids built with twist and lock technology
- With a powdery-feel matte finish exterior
- Made of special food-grade 18/8 stainless steel
- With a vacuum from in and out heat transfer prevention
- Comes with two lids- a flip one for leak-proofing and a threaded one for splash-proofing
Chill cups insulated stainless steel tumbler with straw
True to its name, along with this tumbler, you will get a reusable 8 mm stainless steel straw. It also comes with a long cleaning brush for ease of straw cleaning. It has a large capacity which can hold a full day’s water needs without compromising the temperature as it has a vacuum between its double walls to ensure temperature consistency.
- Body made of stainless steel
- Has a huge capacity of 20 ounces
- With splashproof and spill-proof lid
- With a plastic band in the body for ease of handling
- With plastic layer covering in the lid’s top for extra safety
- With tapering in the bottom half for ease of putting in cup holders
What to look for in an iced coffee tumbler or mugs?
Here are three major factors to consider when choosing an iced coffee tumbler or mug. Once you tick two of these and it fits with your budget, then that could be a green light for a purchase!
The tumbler or mug’s appearance is the first thing you see. It tells a lot about a person’s taste and personality. It can even make or break your outfit. That is why, choose a tumbler who’s design you can flaunt without being embarrassed. Choose a style that fits your brand and signature. It does not matter whether it has bold colors, patterns, or minimalist design as long as it makes you happy and proud. Choose the design, style, patter, color that suits you. You can even go for personalized tumblers with your name on it, but with the customization, the price can be hefty.
You can even be more stylish by bringing your own tumbler in coffee shops instead of using their disposable plastic cups. Doing so will also help retain the temperature longer. Plus, it would be a great help to the environment.
Durability and reusability
Some cheap cups are made of low-quality plastic materials such as polystyrene which cannot be reused. Because this plastic is so rigid, it can crack in a single use and will just be useless after. Opt for tumblers made of hard reusable practice, which you can wash, and withstand long-term use. With this, you can help the environment, plus you can also save money from constantly buying disposable ones.
If you also choose the stainless-steel ones, make sure to regularly clean-it up to prevent bacterial build-up which can produce a weird taste and smell. Clean it after every use. You can also use vinegar and baking soda wash once every month. BPA-free stainless-steel tumblers are safer than plastic for drinking.
Choose a tumbler which is leak-proof and splash-proof especially if you are always on the go. You can choose between various types of lids depending on your needs. There are flip lids, trigger-action lids, and twist lids. The first two are best for walking and driving and the last one is the most secure of the three. You can also choose a bottle which comes with straw.
A regular tumbler can keep your beverage warm or cold for around six hours.
Frequently asked questions
Some of the most commonly asked questions about coffee and coffee tumblers are about safety and maintenance. We compiled some of these frequently asked questions.
Is drinking coffee bad for your health?
Drinking coffee is fine as long as you drink it in moderation. In fact, you can get health benefits from drinking coffee such as burning food faster and boosting metabolism.
Why do steel tumblers have that weird smell after several days of use?
It could be because of any of these reasons– bacterial build-up or metal leaching.
Is it safe to drink from stainless steel tumblers?
If it is BPA-free stainless steel, then yes, it is safe for containing your drinks compared to that of a plastic container.
How long can tumbler maintain the beverage temperature?
A tumbler can keep your beverage warm or cold for an average of 6 hours.
How do I clean my tumbler and how often should I do it?
Tumbler should be cleaned after every use. You can also do a monthly vinegar wash. You can mix vinegar and baking soda, pour it in your tumbler and let it stay there for 5 minutes before rinsing it.
Why do establishments serve iced coffee in plastic cups?
The answer to this is cost. Even though plastic cups are not good for the environment because they are non recyclable or reusable, it is more cost-effective than investing in other containers. If you want to lessen the environmental impact of plastic cups, you may bring your own tumbler when ordering coffee outside.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2023-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.