Table of Contents
Do you feel exhausted after a bad day in the office or after exercising? Well, some days and exercise are quite draining. Taking energy drinks works for some people. Coffee is the perfect choice for reenergizing and rejuvenating your body. The secret is in the chocolate coffee beans. They are perfect after workouts, long working day, or even when you are relaxing.
Several homemade coffee been recipes are available. Learning how to make these coffee beans is excellent for sharing with your family, finds, and guests. The coffee beans are covered with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate. Some sugar may also be sprinkled on the cholate. The transition from sweet and bitter makes them very delicious. Different flavors are added to the recipe to make them even tastier.
The possibilities for different flavor combinations are endless. A little spicy chili is added to dark chocolate making it very tasty. Grated coconut is another spicy additive that gives an exotic taste on your chocolate beans.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
Chocolate covered coffee beans are perfect refreshment every day.
How to prepare
- 100 grams chocolate bar
- 1/3 cup coffee beans
- Cocoa powder
- Icing sugar
- Crushed nuts
- Coconut flakes
- Freeze-dried berry powder
- Melted white chocolate
- A double boiler, or a microwave and a microwave-safe bowl
- A fork
- Baking tray
Step by Step Preparation
- Put your small pieces of the chocolate in a double saucepan (the chocolate pan is placed on top of another pan with boiling water). The simmering water helps the chocolate to melt and maintain its quality.
- Stir continuously until all chocolate melts. Stir at intervals of 30 seconds to allow all chocolate to melt.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat, add coffee beans, and continue stirring. Coconut flakes, crushed nuts are added at this point. Allow the chocolate to cool and dry. Repeat process to allow thick layers of chocolate.
- Separate the coffee beans: Lift individual coffee beans with a fork and allow excess chocolate to drip and place them on the baking tray. If the chocolate dries, put in back in the simmering water to melt again.
- Put the beans in the fridge to cool for one hour. The process allows the cholate to cool off and harden.
- Add a second coat of chocolate with different species and flavors. Toppings and ingredients are added at this point to make your chocolate beans get tasty flavors.
Choosing the coffee bean
The choice of coffee beans is crucial for tasty outcomes.
Arabica coffee: It originates from Ethiopia. It knows for its fragrant and aromatic qualities, making it one of the best choices for this recipe.
Coffee Robusta: Robusta has high caffeine content making it very bitter. It is not very good for this recipe but delicious as a blend with Arabica for drinking.
Coffee Excelsa: Excelsa has medium-sized beans. Their aroma makes them a perfect choice for our recipe
Coffee Liberica: it originates from Liberia. While it is not very popular in the market, it is tasty hence produced sweet coffee beans.
What You Need
The ingredients for preparing chocolate coffee beans are similar. The taste, however, depends on the choice of coffee beans.
Chocolate has some effect on the final taste. Semi-sweet dark chocolate is, however, the best choice.
If you prefer different chocolate tastes and flavors, you can easily substitute with your favorite one. For an extra-sweet treat, you can try the chili-flavored chocolate, milk chocolate, flavored chocolate with nuts, fruits, or other products.
Wrapping it up
The recipe is straightforward to make. Chocolate coated coffee beans are the perfect treat/snack that can be enjoyed every day. The snacks can be shared with your friends and family. Taking the bitter and creamy snack combination is perfect in giving you the energy to kick start your day and provide you with relaxation after a tough day.
Was the recipe helpful? If yes, please try and make some delicious chocolate-covered coffee beans today.