Hello, fellow cocktail enthusiasts! Today, we’re going to learn how to make a Nutella Espresso Martini.
This indulgent concoction combines the rich, hazelnut-chocolate flavor of Nutella with the bold taste of espresso, creating a heavenly drink that is perfect for dessert or to elevate your next cocktail party. Join us as we dive into the history, the recipe, variations, and tips for making the ultimate Nutella Espresso Martini.
History and Origin:
The Espresso Martini, invented by legendary London bartender Dick Bradsell in the late 1980s, has become a modern classic. Originally called the “Vodka Espresso,” it was created to satisfy a customer’s request for a drink that would “wake her up and f*ck her up.” Today’s Nutella Espresso Martini is a delightful twist on the original, adding a rich, chocolatey element to the classic cocktail.
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa)
- 1 oz freshly brewed espresso, cooled
- 1 heaping tablespoon Nutella
- Optional garnishes: chocolate shavings, cocoa powder, or crushed hazelnuts
- In a small bowl or glass, combine the Nutella and cooled espresso. Stir until the Nutella has dissolved, creating a smooth mixture.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, coffee liqueur, and the Nutella-espresso mixture to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds, ensuring all ingredients are well combined.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, a dusting of cocoa powder, or crushed hazelnuts. Enjoy!
- Hazelnut Espresso Martini: Replace vodka with hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico) for a nuttier flavor.
- Mocha Espresso Martini: Add 1 oz of chocolate liqueur (such as Godiva) to the recipe for a more chocolate-forward cocktail.
- Nutella White Russian: Swap out the vodka for vanilla vodka and add 1 oz of heavy cream for a creamy twist on the classic White Russian.
- Iced Nutella Espresso Martini: Serve the cocktail over ice in a rocks glass for a refreshing, cold beverage.
- Use high-quality, freshly brewed espresso for the best flavor.
- If you don’t have an espresso machine, use strong coffee or a concentrated cold brew as a substitute.
- Chill your martini glass in the freezer for a few minutes before serving to keep your cocktail cold.
- For a stronger coffee flavor, increase the amount of coffee liqueur or espresso in the recipe.
- If you prefer a sweeter cocktail, add a splash of simple syrup or a teaspoon of sugar to the shaker.
- Experiment with different vodka brands and flavors to find your perfect balance.
- For a dairy-free version, use a dairy-free hazelnut-chocolate spread instead of Nutella.
- When shaking the cocktail, shake it until the shaker becomes frosty to ensure a perfectly chilled drink.
- To create a frothy top, double-strain the cocktail through a fine mesh strainer as you pour it into the glass.
- Customize your garnish with edible gold leaf, chocolate-covered espresso beans, or a hazelnut truffle for a fancy touch.
There you have it – the ultimate guide to making a Nutella Espresso Martini! With its rich, indulgent flavors Continue and versatile variations, this cocktail is sure to impress at any gathering or simply as a treat for yourself. By following these tips and instructions, you’ll be able to create a delicious, decadent Nutella Espresso Martini that rivals even the most skilled mixologists. Now that you’ve mastered this delightful concoction. Go ahead and share your newfound skills with friends and family. Happy mixing!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2024-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.