Cafe Cubano, also known as Cuban espresso, is a rich and bold coffee drink that is popular in Cuba and Latin America. It is a quick and easy way to get a strong caffeine boost in the morning or an afternoon pick-me-up.
Making a Cafe Cubano may seem intimidating, but with a few simple steps, you can create this delicious drink at home. Follow these easy steps, and you will soon be enjoying a perfect Cafe Cubano every time.
- 4 tablespoons of finely ground espresso coffee
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
Step by Step Instructions
- Begin by filling the bottom chamber of the stovetop espresso maker with cold water up to the fill line.
- Add the finely ground espresso coffee to the filter basket of the espresso maker.
- Tamp down the coffee using an espresso tamper to create a tight and even espresso puck.
- Screw the top of the espresso maker to the bottom, and place it on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Once the coffee starts to flow, remove the espresso maker from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Divide the espresso evenly among the demitasse cups.
- Mocha: Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder to your coffee and sugar mixture before boiling.
- Spiced: Add a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to your coffee and sugar mixture before boiling.
- Honey: Replace the sugar with honey for a sweeter taste.
- Use freshly roasted and finely ground espresso coffee for the best results.
- Any type of granulated sugar can be used, but raw or brown sugars may alter the flavor.
- Use a small spoon to stir the sugar into the espresso to avoid burning your fingers.
- Gently tap the side of the espresso maker with a spoon to release any trapped air before brewing.
- Do not overfill the filter basket, as this can result in a weak espresso.
- It is important to use a tamper to even out the espresso puck, as an uneven puck can result in an inconsistent brew.
- Be sure to remove the espresso maker from the heat as soon as the coffee starts to flow, as this prevents burning the espresso.
- Preheat your demitasse cups with hot water before filling them with coffee to prevent the coffee from cooling too quickly.
- For a creamier texture, add a small amount of the first few drops of espresso back into the espresso maker and brew again.
- Experiment with different types of coffee, sugars, and amounts to find the perfect Cafe Cubano recipe that suits your taste.
Making a Cafe Cubano at home is an easy and rewarding process that requires only a few simple steps and some basic equipment. With these instructions and tips, you can create a thick, smooth, and flavorful coffee that will satisfy your caffeine cravings and impress your friends and family. So, start brewing and enjoy your perfect Cafe Cubano right at home.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.