If you’re a coffee enthusiast, you know that there’s no shortage of ways to enjoy your morning cup of joe. Whether you prefer it black or with a splash of milk, the possibilities are endless.
But have you ever thought of adding cream cheese to your coffee?
It may sound surprising, but this delightful twist could be your new favorite way to indulge in a creamy and flavorful coffee experience. Let’s explore the world of cream cheese in coffee together!
Why Cream Cheese in Your Coffee?
Here are some key benefits of using cream cheese in your coffee:
- Creamier texture: Cream cheese adds a rich and luxurious creaminess to your coffee.
- Unique flavor: Enjoy a slightly tangy and nutty flavor that complements the coffee’s bitterness.
- Protein and fat boost: Cream cheese provides extra protein and fat, helping to keep you full and satisfied.
A Glimpse Into the Origins
The cream cheese and coffee combo might seem like a recent trend, but its origins are shrouded in mystery. While there isn’t a single documented origin story, cream cheese coffee may have taken inspiration from the trendy Taiwanese cheese tea or the Scandinavian tradition of Kaffeost (coffee cheese).
With the rise of social media and the endless search for novel coffee drinks, cream cheese coffee has found its way into the hearts of adventurous coffee lovers.
Cream Cheese vs. Common Coffee Creamers
|Cream Cheese||Slightly tangy and nutty||Creamy and rich||Higher in protein and fat|
|Half-and-Half||Mild and creamy||Smooth||Moderate in fat and low in protein|
|Non-Dairy Creamer||Varies (sweet, flavored)||Varies||Varies, often lower in fat and protein|
Tips for Making the Perfect Cream Cheese Coffee
- Start with a small amount of cream cheese and adjust to taste.
- Use room temperature cream cheese for easy blending.
- For a sweeter coffee, consider adding a sweetener like sugar or flavored syrup.
- For an iced coffee twist, try our cream cheese foam coffee recipe below.
How to Make Cream Cheese Foam Coffee
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Optional: powdered confectioner’s sugar to taste
- Whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sweetener if desired.
- Add the heavy cream and half-and-half to the cream cheese and whip until the mixture becomes a soft, smooth foam (almost like a mousse).
- Top your iced or hot coffee with the cream cheese foam and enjoy!
- Store any leftover foam in the fridge for up to 3 days. Whip it again if it deflates.
Who would have thought that cream cheese could elevate your coffee experience? Whether you’re new to the coffee world or a seasoned coffee connoisseur, cream cheese in coffee is a fun and delicious way to switch things up. So go ahead, experiment with cream cheese in your next cup of coffee, and discover a whole new world of flavor and creaminess. Cheers to your coffee adventure!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.