If you’re feeling adventurous and ready to give this unique drink a try, you’re in for a treat!
In Arizona, a coffee shop called Infusion has been serving a version called the “SprOJ” since 2017.
It’s a blend of espresso and orange juice with an earthy, slightly sweet flavor, served over ice. They even add a frothy top for that nitro coffee vibe!
It’s not just coffee shops that are getting in on the action. The combination of coffee and orange juice went viral on TikTok, thanks to @bundaddy, who posted a video of herself mixing espresso with orange juice. The video garnered over 1.6 million views and 192.3k likes, sparking a trend among coffee enthusiasts1
Celebrities have also been experimenting with this coffee trend. Actor Ashton Kutcher revealed on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” that he sometimes adds a “splash” of orange juice to his coffee. He explained that light roast black coffee has citrus notes, and adding orange juice enhances the brightness and adds a touch of sweetness. Kutcher’s advice? “Just a splash” of orange juice is all you need, so don’t go overboard2
If you’d rather experiment at home, here’s a simple recipe for Iced Coffee Orange Juice, along with some variations and garnish options:
Iced Coffee Orange Juice Recipe
- 2 ounces espresso or ½ cup brewed coffee
- ½ cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- Tonic or sparkling water (optional)
- Brew your espresso or coffee and let it cool. Go for extra strong coffee to balance the flavors.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour the orange juice over the ice.
- Pour the cooled coffee on top to create beautiful layers.
- For a twist, add a splash of tonic or sparkling water for a refreshing touch.
- Give it a stir and enjoy your breakfast-in-a-cup!
- Citrus Burst: Add a splash of orange liqueur for a zesty kick.
- Cold Brew Cooler: Use cold brew coffee instead of espresso for a smoother taste.
- Creamy Delight: Add a dollop of whipped cream on top for a creamy finish.
- Orange slice
- Fresh mint leaves
- Cinnamon stick
Comparison Table of Variations:
|Classic||Refreshing, well-balanced flavors||Acidity may not suit everyone|
|Citrus Burst||Enhanced citrus flavor, great for special occasions||Contains alcohol|
|Cold Brew Cooler||Smooth and less acidic, great for sensitive stomachs||Requires cold brew preparation in advance|
|Creamy Delight||Rich and indulgent, adds a creamy texture||Adds calories and sweetness|
So, should you mix coffee and orange juice? Here at Crazy coffee crave, our motto is to try anything once! It’s an unusual drink, but the sweet, citrusy orange juice pairs well with the bold espresso. It may not become your daily go-to, but it’s a fun and refreshing experiment.
Cheers to trying new things and discovering your next coffee adventure!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.