Table of Contents
Many people are dependent on caffeine as their first dose in the morning. Here, we have put together a buyer’s guide of the best single-serve coffee makers currently. Since many need only a single cup of coffee, we have decided to help with the top propriety coffee makers to go for in the market.
Aspects to consider before buying a single cup coffee maker
Coffee comes in different flavors and types of pods. Consider the ones that are easy to clean, reservoirs size, your drinking habits. Some single-serve machines are limited to a limited selection of flavors and brands. Depending on your needs, you can choose a reusable pod, which leads to less waste. There are reusable baskets for large coffee machines. The majority of coffee drinkers are fine with the single-serve coffee makers. Check out some of our premium suggestions that will complement your daily morning routine.
Black + Decker Brew’ n’ Go Personal Coffee Maker
It is perfect if you like alone, or you are the only coffee drinker in the house. It helps keep things pretty streamlined at home, office, and during travels. This coffee maker is beautiful and takes a small space on your counter. It takes about 15 oz. of coffee that slowly drips into your mug. Just press the button, and you are good to go.
- Speedy brews
- Decent travel mug
- Comes with a travel mug
- Compact design
- Removable filter basket to facilitate cleaning
- Uses pods or loose grounds on the reusable mesh filter
- Automatic shutoff
- Small capacity, 15 oz.
- Can mess when using fine grounds
- Not designed for repeated coffee making.
Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Coffee Maker (49981A)
It has a stainless steel body with a capacity of 14 oz. It is better than the Hamilton Beach Single Serve. This fancy brewer can make a cup of regular or bold coffee in 8 or 14 oz. Capacity. It takes about 4 minutes to brew and fill your cup. It relieves you from spending on pods and capsules as it has an in-built mesh filter.
- Compact stainless steel design
- Fits travel mug
- You choose between the bold and regular coffee
- Built-in mesh filter
- Auto shuts after use
- Wide drip tray reducing chances of spills and mess.
- Not designed for repeated use
- Don’t support the use of pods of capsules
Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System
If you are looking for an Instagram worthy cup of coffee, this is the best brewer to go for. It has good size and capability. It supports a built-in frother. It comes with Cup to XL Multi-Serve brewing sizes. The reservoir holds 22 oz.; hence, you need a refill. You can brew your grounds to get Classic to Rich to specialty to get fancy tastes and flavors of coffee.
- Comes with multiple brewing sizes
- Turns off automatically
- Can brew multiple cups
- Various brewing types
- Optional built-in frother
- XL settings for travel cups and mugs
- Can brew cold and hot drinks
- Affordable considering the features
- Not suitable for entrepreneur purposes 22 oz.
- Requires more cleaning compared to Keurig and other simpler machines
- Quite expensive compared to other single-serve brewers
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine
This brewer has a sturdy and eye-catching design. It supports quick to heat up and brews time, and you can buy it with a frother. It uses a high-pressure pump producing up to 19 bars. It makes the perfect espresso shots. It has a larger reservoir compared to the Ninja Coffee Bar Machine.
- It takes 25-seconds to warm up and 30 seconds to brew
- Compact design
- Has a 24 oz. reservoir
- Can make espresso shots
- Auto shut off after 9 minutes
- You can buy a separate reusable pod.
- 2-cup capacity
- You need to buy a frother separately
- Only uses Nespresso coffee pods, not everyone’s favorite
- Drips even after the process is over
- Quite expensive
Keurig 55 Single-Serve Coffee Maker
This is a fancy single-service coffee maker. It is known for its smooth layers of foam on the coffee surface. Its powerful features favor the black coffee drinkers. It does not have a frother or milk dispenser. It has an auto-on feature and a 48 oz. Capacity to draw 3 cups from it. Read more on the K55 here.
- 48 oz. reservoir; hence convenient to draw several cups
- 3-sup capacity for the best-caffeinated coffee
- The auto-on feature helps you time the coffee to get ready when you are ready.
- 2-hour auto-shutoff
- Good pricing
- Has a reusable pod
- Available in a variety of colors
- Does not drip after the brewing process is done
- Must be descaled regularly to remove calcium deposits
- Must use K-Cups
Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Coffee and Espresso Maker
Breville designs this machine. Its price matches to its 60 oz. reservoir. Other key features are a removable water tank that swivels around the machine. You can move the tank to the right or left as you prefer. You don’t need to input anything to the machine. It has bar codes that communicate everything it needs to know. It prepares perfect shots of espresso and coffee with great simplicity.
- Makes espresso
- 60 oz. reservoir for heavy drinkers or enterprise use
- Movable water tank
- Has a fancy design
- has recyclable aluminum capsules
- robust centrifugal extraction about 7,000 rpm
- you can buy a reusable capsule
- you must but capsules with the size of your choice
- must use Nespresso capsules
- drips after the brewing process are done
- you must learn to use this machine
Keurig K475 Single-Service Coffee Maker
Keurig provides many options in the market. This one has a 70 oz. reservoir. You can make single-serve and full carafes as well. Large capacity ones make about 30 oz. batches and require special pods, and carafes are sold separately.
This model is a touchscreen. Its easy to turn it on and off and use different cup sizes ranging from 4-12 oz. It also supports a temperature setting.
- Touchscreen for easy programming
- You can adjust temperature sizes
- 70 oz. reservoirs
- Carafes a single-serve sups
- Easy auto on and off
- Reusable pod
- Removable reservoir
- Brews single-sizes 4-12 oz.
- Dispenses hot water without empty reusable pot in place
- The carafe is sold separately
- Recommends use of water filters
- The carafe is not a full pot i.e., 30 oz.
Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
If you don’t like an all-black cup of coffee, this is the best option for you. It has a milk reservoir and a whole kit-and-caboodle to help you if you are bad at mixing correctly. It has a one-touch control panel and a sizeable reservoir. This machine makes lattes, cappuccinos, and regular black coffee quickly.
- You have full control of the machine
- Has a removable reservoir
- Froths on your behalf
- One-touch control panel
- Uses grounds, pods, and reusable pods
- Not programmable
- Can’t make a full carafe
- It is among the most expensive coffee makers
You need to know your intentions with the single-service coffee maker. If you are on a budget and need a good quality machine, I would advise Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker. However, there are no bad options out of the ones I have recommended here. Buy the one that addresses your needs satisfactorily.