Tis that time of the year to enjoy pumpkin spice latte, or maybe you’re just craving it every day? Millions of people will be driving to Starbucks to enjoy this rockstar drink. But if you prefer preparing it at home, we have you back! Here is how to prepare the best pumpkin spice latte at home.
Note that for this recipe, we have adjusted the amount of real pumpkin puree and sugar.
You can use any method to brew your coffee.
We recommend a make-shift spice blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger for this recipe. You can concoct your own at home or buy pre-made.
How to make a pumpkin spice latte
What you need:
- 1 cup of milk
- Whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/2 cup of strongly brewed hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon of sugar. You can add more depending on your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pour pumpkin puree and milk into a saucepan and whisk well
- Add vanilla to your mixture, whisk and heat until the mixture is warmed. Make sure to regulate the heat. If you let the milk boil, it can become spoiled.
- Remove your mixture from heat and add pumpkin pie spice seasoning and stir well. Make sure the seasoning blends in the milk.
- Extract your espresso or hot coffee.
- Now pour the milk mixture over your coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon