Which is the best for you?
When it comes to making a delicious cup of coffee, size matters. For the best flavor and freshness, a cup of joe offers you the best freshness if you buy whole beans and grind them at home. With the coffee beans, you can grind them and brew them the way you need them.
Not all grinds are the same.
- For espresso, you need a fine grind. Medium to medium-fine grinds is best for pour-overs.
- Drip coffee requires medium-coarse.
- While the
When you purchase the whole beans, you have control over the grind size for the perfect cup of coffee, regardless of the brew method used.
Various factors can be considered when choosing between electric and a manual coffee grinder<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>. Major factors to consider include price, ease of use, convenience, accuracy, and style.
The three popular styles of grinders
These three are manual burr, electric burr, and a blade grinder. Blade grinders are the most popular since they are cheap, size, and convenient.
The different types:
Manual burr grinders
Manual burr grinders are consistent. Grounds with consistent sizes dissolve at the same rate, thus giving a smooth brew. If grounds are inconsistent, some may be over-extracted while others are under-extracted, causing bitter and sour tones.
If you need a portable grinder, this could be the perfect model. It does not require electricity.
- Consistency of grind
- Easy to clean
- Simple mechanics
- Doesn’t need electricity
- Requires some muscle
- Takes time
- Doesn’t allow for micro
- Not ideal for grinding large amounts
Our favorite manual grinder
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder with Adjustable
- The ceramic combo burrs are designed through three professional grade
- Built-in adjustable grind selector with over 18 click settings
- Has a removable hand crank mechanism that consistently eliminates 90% noise.
Electric Burr grinders
Electric burr grinders are consistency but a bit pricey. They are a bit bulky and need electricity to grind. If you are grinding a lot of coffee, you will take less time as compared to manual grinders.
- Consistent grind
- Variety of grind settings
- Difficult to clean
- Needs electricity
Our favorite electric grinder
Coffee Grinder Electric AICOK Nut & Spice Grinder
- Portable & Detachable Design: The container is portable and detachable design
- Powerful Grind and Large Capacity: 200W DC motor ensure you can grind coffee beans
- Safety Protection: There is a safety lock that the coffee grinder when turned one
Electric Blade grinders
It is the least recommended method among coffee lovers/ homebrewers. Chopping results in inconsistent coffee, which affects the taste and flavor.
If you do not want to break the bank, manual grinders are the best for consistent grounds. Manual grinders are also durable and will outlast most electric grinders. For less than $100, you will get a high-quality grinder.
An electric grinder is convenient for commercial uses or if convenience is vital for you. It saves time and labor.