How to prepare lavender latte
All you want to do is to gulp a lavender latter in the sunshine! We can assure you will not regret it. The lavender notes are subtle and calming and pair well with warm coffee and milk, giving you that unique experience you are craving for.
Making Lavender simple syrup from scratch
It is effortless to prepare this recipe at home. Here is what you need to prepare the syrup:
- ¼ cup dried lavender
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- Add lavender and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely
- Now use a mesh strainer to separate the buds from the water
- Mix sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of lavender water in another saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Now whisk the lavender water into the sugar mixture and store in the refrigerator.
What you need:
- ⅔ cup Strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup milk (we used whole)
- 2 Tablespoons Lavender simple syrup. More or less to your liking is ok.
- Warm your milk and froth it. If you don’t have a frother, use your blender and blend the milk for 30 seconds.
- Now add your milk over top of the coffee syrup and syrup mixture and sprinkle with dried lavender