If you’re looking for a classic cocktail with a little caffeine kick, an Espresso Martini is a perfect choice. This cocktail has a smooth and bold flavor profile, combining espresso with vodka, coffee liqueur, and a touch of sweetness.
It’s the perfect pick-me-up for any time of day, whether you need a boost to get through a long night or want a delicious after-dinner drink.
History or Origin:
The Espresso Martini is a relatively modern cocktail that was invented in the 1980s by legendary bartender Dick Bradsell.
The story goes that a model walked into Fred’s Club in London and asked for a drink that would “wake her up and f**k her up.” Bradsell combined vodka, Kahlúa, and espresso, and the Espresso Martini was born. Since then, this cocktail has become a staple at bars and restaurants around the world.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1 oz Kahlúa or other coffee liqueur
- 1 oz fresh espresso
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3 coffee beans for garnish
- Brew a shot of espresso and let it cool to room temperature.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the vodka, Kahlúa, cooled espresso, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans.
There are many variations of the Espresso Martini that you can try, depending on your taste preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Mocha Martini: Add a tablespoon of chocolate syrup to the shaker before shaking.
- Spiced Martini: Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the shaker before shaking.
- Irish Martini: Use Irish whiskey instead of vodka for a twist on the classic.
- Vanilla Martini: Add a splash of vanilla extract to the shaker before shaking.
- Use freshly brewed espresso for the best flavor.
- Chill your martini glass in the freezer before making the cocktail.
- Use a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Don’t over-shake the cocktail, or it will become too frothy.
- Use good-quality vodka and coffee liqueur for the best flavor.
- If you don’t have simple syrup, you can use granulated sugar instead.
- Adjust the sweetness level to your liking by adding more or less simple syrup.
- Serve the cocktail immediately after shaking to enjoy the frothy texture.
- If you don’t have coffee beans for garnish, you can use a dusting of cocoa powder instead.
- Experiment with different variations to find your favorite flavor combination.
The Espresso Martini is a delicious and easy-to-make cocktail that’s perfect for any coffee lover. With its bold flavor and caffeine kick, it’s sure to become a favorite at your next party or night out. Try out different variations and find your perfect combination of flavors. Enjoy!
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.