Coffee body butter is simpler to prepare than you may think, and it may be tailored to your needs and scent preferences.
Body butter is a fantastic everyday skin moisturizer for my Mediterranean skin.
If you have never used or made body butter yourself, you should know a few things.
When and how should you apply body butter?
After you get out of the shower, or whenever your skin feels dry, apply body butter. A change in environment or temperature can have a greater impact on the skin than you may expect, so keeping some body butter on hand may be unexpectedly beneficial!
The face and the body butter
Do you want to try applying body butter on your face? Of course, you can, but it is not usually a good idea. I avoid using body butter on my face since it would add more oil to my current oil-based cleanser. However, because everyone’s skin is different, body butter may work well for some people’s faces.
Body butter with toning coffee infusion
This rich coffee body butter hydrates and tones the skin! Apply it to problem areas regularly to lessen the appearance of uneven skin and cellulite.
Homemade body butter is easy to make. It may frequently be produced with ingredients you already have on hand, such as butter and oils. Essential oils can be added, or spices and herbs can be infused into the oils.
With this recipe, I utilized coffee, which is great for your skin and may help tighten and tone problem areas.
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coffee Beans
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil.
- Stir in 1/4 cup whole organic coffee beans.
- Cook the oil for 20 minutes on low heat, stirring regularly.
- Strain the coconut oil from the beans using a fine-mesh filter.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the cocoa butter.
- Once the cocoa butter has melted, combine it with the olive oil and the coffee-infused coconut oil. Then, take the pan off the heat.
- Chill the oils for 25-30 minutes or until they harden.
- Whip the oils into the butter using a hand mixer or stand mixer. It will take 10-15 minutes to get a nice and fluffy texture.
- Place the coffee body butter in a storage jar and keep it cold and dry. Use on dry or troublesome areas daily.
Recipe for whipped mocha body butter
- 20 whole coffee beans
- 1 cup organic sunflower oil
- 1 cup organic refined shea butter
- 1 cup organic refined coconut oil
- 1 cup organic roasted cocoa butter
- Combine whole coffee beans and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Cook for 10 to 20 minutes on low heat on the stovetop.
- Remove the oil from the heat after it has gained the right scent, and filter through a metal strainer.
- Melt the coffee-infused coconut oil with the remaining ingredients in a double boiler.
- Allow the liquid to cool before putting it into a large mixing basin.
- Refrigerate the bowl until the mixture begins to solidify around the edges (about 45 minutes). The mixture should have a hazy appearance.
- Whip on high speed with a hand mixer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thick and frothy.
- Return the dish to the fridge for another 5-10 minutes to solidify before transferring it to pantry jars.
- Store for up to 6 months in a cold, dark location.
- For a faint aroma, strain coffee beans straight away. Then, let the coffee beans remain in coconut oil at room temperature in a cool, dark place for some days before straining for a more potent fragrance.
- Another way to make a more formidable fragrance is to grind or crack the coffee beans before heating, but ensure you have a good strainer that keeps rough ground coffee from your finished product.
- You can keep your body butter in the fridge, but it will be more difficult to scoop out when needed.
Now you can take your coffee to a new level and use it as a DIY body butter ingredient. This moisturizing DIY body butter is easy to make, smells amazing, and will leave your skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.