Spanish Cafe Bombon is a delicious coffee-based beverage that originated in Valencia, Spain. It is made with espresso and condensed milk, which gives the coffee a creamy and sweet taste.
This drink has become popular in many parts of the world, and people enjoy it as a dessert coffee or a pick-me-up during their afternoon break.
This recipe will teach you how to make Spanish Cafe Bombon at home, so you can enjoy this delicious drink anytime you like.
The origin of Spanish Cafe Bombon is not clear, but it is believed to have been invented in the 1990s in Valencia, Spain. The name “Bombon” means “sweet” in Spanish and refers to the sweetened condensed milk that is added to the espresso. This drink is popular in many countries, including Spain, Portugal, and the Philippines.
- 2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee)
- 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- Brew two shots of espresso or half a cup of strong coffee.
- Warm two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk in a microwave oven or on a stove until it becomes smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to a glass.
- Pour the espresso shots over the sweetened condensed milk.
- Gently stir the contents of the glass, mixing the sweetened condensed milk with the espresso.
- Add half a cup of hot water to the glass.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use caramel sauce or syrup instead of sweetened condensed milk.
- You can use regular milk or cream instead of condensed milk.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon to the espresso for a warm, spicy flavor.
- You can use decaf espresso or coffee for a caffeine-free version.
- Add ice to make an iced version of this drink.
- Use freshly ground coffee beans for the best taste.
- Warm your milk or cream before adding it to the espresso.
- Don’t use too much condensed milk, as it can be very sweet.
- Use a clear glass to show off the layers of the drink.
- Adjust the amount of milk and espresso to suit your taste preference.
Spanish Cafe Bombon is a delicious coffee drink that you can easily make at home. It is a creamy, sweet, and satisfying beverage that is perfect for dessert or a pick-me-up during the day. With just a few ingredients and some basic equipment, you can enjoy this delicious drink anytime you like.
Experiment with different variations, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Cheers to a perfect cup of Spanish Cafe Bombon!
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.