The Coffee Negroni, also known as the Caffe Negroni, is a modern take on the classic Negroni cocktail. This caffeine-infused variation adds a bold and rich flavor to the original recipe, making it perfect for coffee and cocktail enthusiasts alike.
In this article, we will explore the history of the Coffee Negroni, provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to make it, share some of our favorite variations, and offer helpful tips to ensure your Coffee Negroni is the perfect pick-me-up for any occasion.
History or Origin/Factoids
The Negroni cocktail was created in Florence, Italy, in 1919. Legend has it that Count Camillo Negroni asked the bartender at Caffe Casoni to make his Americano cocktail (made with Campari, vermouth, and soda water) stronger. The bartender swapped out the soda water for gin, and the Negroni was born. The Coffee Negroni takes inspiration from this classic cocktail but adds a modern twist by incorporating coffee.
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 oz cold-brewed coffee
- Orange peel or coffee bean, for garnish
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Add gin, Campari, sweet vermouth, and cold-brewed coffee.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a chilled glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange peel or coffee bean.
While the traditional Coffee Negroni recipe is delicious on its own, there are many variations to explore. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Creamy Coffee Negroni: Add a splash of cream or milk to the recipe for a creamy twist.
- Maple Coffee Negroni: Add a splash of maple syrup for a sweet and earthy flavor.
- Spicy Coffee Negroni: Add a dash of chili powder or hot sauce for a spicy kick.
- Smoky Coffee Negroni: Replace the gin with a smoky Mezcal for a complex and unique flavor.
- Use high-quality ingredients: The quality of your ingredients can make a big difference in the flavor of your Coffee Negroni.
- Get the right coffee: Choose a high-quality coffee that pairs well with the other ingredients. A medium roast blend is a safe choice.
- Chill your glasses: Chill your glasses before serving to ensure that your Coffee Negroni stays cold.
- Use plenty of ice: The more ice you use, the colder and more refreshing your Coffee Negroni will be.
- Stir properly: Stir the mixture until it is well combined and diluted, which should take around 20 seconds.
- Strain carefully: Use a fine-mesh strainer to remove any ice chips or coffee grounds and pour your drink into your chilled glasses.
- Garnish with flair: Use a coffee bean or orange peel to add a touch of elegance to your cocktails.
- Adjust to your liking: Experiment with the ingredient ratios to find your perfect Coffee Negroni.
- Serve with snacks: Serve with small snacks such as olives, nuts, or cheese to enhance the flavors of your drink.
- Drink in moderation: The Coffee Negroni is a delicious and potent cocktail, so make sure to sip slowly and enjoy responsibly.
The Coffee Negroni is an exciting twist on the classic cocktail that combines two beloved beverages: coffee and alcohol. This recipe is versatile and easy to customize, making it perfect for any occasion. With the right ingredients, preparation, and tips, you can make a delicious Coffee Negroni that will impress your friends and family. So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and start mixing!
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.