I’m back again with another article regarding pour-over! It’s actually quite impossible not to when you first go down that rabbit hole, there is just too much to explore. Today I’m going to present to you two relatively new products to the world of pour-over: The Gabi Dripmaster A and the Gabi Master B.
In shot, the difference is that the Gabi Dripmaster A is a coffee dripper while the Gabi Master B is an accessory for brewing pour-over coffee that sits on top of your dripper. Together, we are going to find out how they differ to other products and if they’re worth the hype! But first we need to talk about agitation.
What is agitation?
Agitation, also known as turbulence, is a natural or forced occurrence during pour-over brewing. You can force agitation through stirring, tapping the dripper or swirling the brew but it can also happen naturally based on how heavily you are pouring the water.
Alongside with other variables like brew ratio, water temperature and quality, grind size and overall brew time, agitation also will affect the final result of your brew.
Long story short, it is one of the responsible variables for achieving an even extraction. During brewing, water has the tendency to find the fastest route to your cup. If the coffee grounds are not evenly distributed in the coffee bed the extraction will not be balanced.
You are probably wondering what this has to do with the Gabi Dripmaster A & B. Many recents inventions like these two products are designed to control the agitation variable as best as possible and achieve even extraction. Let’s find out how that’s possible.
Gabi Dripmaster A: Origins and Design
The Gabi Dripmaster A was brought to the market by Korean company Glowbeans in 2016. Its parts include:
- A water tank
- A dispersion screen
- A flat-bottom dripper
You start by putting the dripper on your mug, then the dispersion screen sits on the dripper and the water tank goes on top. Once you assemble them together you get a compact dripper that easily sits on top of your carafe or mug.
The water tank fits 150ml that lets the water flow into the dispersion screen through one hole. The idea of the water tank is to slow down the water before it reaches the dispersion screen to achieve an even flow rate.
The dispersion screen is a device with 16 holes that make it look like a shower screen. The is an amazing feature that disperses the water evenly in the coffee bed in the form of water drops.
The flat-bottom dripper has holes in the bottom and is similar to the Kalita Wave plus uses the same filters. The whole design aims to give you a clean and bright cup of coffee by focusing on even extraction.
Gabi Dripmaster A: My Recipe
You will need:
- A timer
- 15g of freshly ground coffee
- 250 ml of hot water (210 F)
- A spoon or stirrer
- Place the flat-bottom dripper on your mug without the dispenser and the tank
- Add a rinsed filter and your coffee in the dripper
- Slowly pour 30 ml of hot water and wait for it to bloom for 30 seconds
- Stir once with a spoon or stirrer to make sure all grounds are covered in water
- After 30 seconds place the dispenser and the water tank on top of the dripper
- Pour 150 ml of water and wait until your timer reaches 02:30 minutes
- Then pour the rest 80 ml of hot water and wait until the timer reaches 03:30 minutes
- The water should have completed drained through the coffee bed and into your mug
- Remove the Gabi Dripmaster A and enjoy a clean and sweet cup of coffee!
Extra tip: I didn’t use the water dispenser and tank for the bloom part of the brewing process as what I’m looking for during the bloom is for the coffee grounds to be immersed in water rather quickly and the water dispenser slows that down.
Note that when you proceed to place the dispenser and the tank on top at a later stage the total weight on your scales will be affected so you need to do the math by keeping your mind on your brew ratio.
- Brew Your Coffee to Perfection Always – The Gabi Master A is designed to automatically disperse water to run evenly through the entire screen, based on scientific principles and evidence. We are confident The Gabi Master A will be the incomparable coffee manual brewer; you have ever experienced.
- With The Gabi Master A, You Are Already a Professional Home Café Barista – Since 2016, we developed The Gabi Master A to share quality coffee culture with everybody to enjoy drip coffee, even with the people who are just stepping into the world of brewing. Anyone can brew decent coffee right from the start.
- Get Your Own Perfect and Precise Coffee Brewing Profiles! – The Master A dripper is a pour-over dripper that uses nothing more than gravity and ingenious technology to create a consistent brew over and over. It is validated by numerous coffee experts, and surely easies turbulence and micro-particles (a.k.a. fines) to a surprising level.
- Elegantly Designed and Made with Quality – The Gabi Master A Magic Dripper is manufactured with high quality heat-resistant material, PC1220R. Which is primarily used to make baby bottles. Its elegant design will add another level of refined consistency on to your coffee experience and would make a perfect gift for coffee lovers.
- Adopted as an Official Equipment of Flavor Master Certificate Curriculum – Find out why The Gabi Master A has been selected by the verified curriculums and worldwide championships. Hoping for more people to find pleasure and enjoy coffee with Master A, we guarantee 100% of replacement warranty within 1 year of purchase.
Gabi Dripmaster B: Design and Review
Like I mentioned in the beginning, the Gabi Dripmaster B is not a dripper but an additional tool to add to your pour-over brewing experience.
It’s kind of like taking the water dispenser from the Gabi Dripmaster A and having it as a separate tool, but the design is a bit different. The Gabi Master B has two reservoirs: an inner narrow ring and an outer wider one.
The inner one fits nearly 65 ml of water and the outer one around 45ml. This design helps you use the accessory with smaller coffee drippers like the Hario V60 size 01 but also bigger one like the 3-cup Chemex.
If you keep pouring in the inner ring with speed, water will eventually flow to the outer ring so it’s up to you what flow rate you want to use and if you want to use only one or both rings. The design is similar to the one of the Melodrip although a bit more advanced.
You can use the same recipe as the Gabi Dripmaster A but this time just add the Gabi Master B on top of the dripper of your choice. There are actually so many ways you can experiment with this accessory so go ahead and play around with the water flow rate and two rings to find out which style of use suits your coffee best!
- Brew Your Coffee to Perfection Always with ANY Drippers – The Gabi Master B Water Dropper is a perfect assistant tool for manual pour-over coffee brewing which is compatible with the most popular drippers, such as Hario V60, Kalita, or Chemex (except the 10-cup size), etc.
- Just Boil, Pour, and Do your things! Perfect Cup of Coffee Will Wait for You – Busy Morning with bad coffee? No worries. Brighten your day up by simply pouring hot water into Master B, on top of your dripper, and take the first sip of consistent and pleasant coffee every day
- Get Your Own Perfect and Precise Coffee Brewing Profiles – The beginners will love its simplicity of use and the lack of need to use a gooseneck kettle. Those more experienced will definitely be satisfied with its second to none consistency
- Based on the Numerous Scientific Data and Made with Quality – The Gabi Master B Water Dropper is precisely designed. 5.51-inch width of Master A is composed of two reservoirs (Inner and Outer Circle) which evenly distribute water through 33 holes. It provides proper extraction and coffee flavor that reflect a large amount of extraction data
- Do Enjoy Your Coffee, but Don’t Worry about How - We, the Gabi was gathered in 2016 to share the love and passion for coffee, and now we hope for more. We look forward to more of you enjoying and granting the bliss a cup of good coffee provides
All in all, I think both the Gabi Dripmaster A and the Gabi Master B are brilliant pour-over devices, especially for those who want a no hassle brewing experience. I find that with both it also doesn’t really matter if you’re not using a gooseneck kettle because the devices take care of that precision aspect themselves.
They’re definitely worth your attention and I would recommend both devices for those who like consistent results in their cup without exercising too much control, but instead letting the device take care of that. Happy Brewing!
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-09-22