Are you a coffee enthusiast seeking a unique brewing experience or a fan of retro design? Look no further than vintage coffee makers! These charming appliances bring a touch of nostalgia and timeless elegance to any kitchen.
Table Of Contents−
- Best Vintage Coffee Makers
- Cuisinart programmable vintage coffee maker
- Espressione cafe retro espresso machine
- Whitbread Wilkinson Pantone coffee maker
- Nostalgia 12-cup programmable coffee maker
- Smeg 50’s retro-style drip filter coffee machine
- Bialetti expresses Moka pot, 6-cup, aluminum silver
- Farberware Yosemite coffee percolator
- Primula today stovetop percolator
- Bella (13683) personal espresso maker
- Brentwood ts-213bl 4-cup coffee maker
- Russell Hobbs retro style coffeemaker
- Diguo royal family siphon coffee maker
- Elite gourmet Americana coffee maker
- De’longhi eco310bk espresso machine
- Gaggia carezza espresso machine
- Vintage Coffee Maker Buyer’s Guide
Our comprehensive guide will help you find the perfect addition to your coffee-making routine, whether you’re savoring the history of coffee makers or simply searching for a delightful blend of style and function. So, let’s embark on a journey down memory lane and discover the beauty of brewing coffee the old-fashioned way!
Best Vintage Coffee Makers
Without further ado, here is our best retro coffee maker list. Note: The following coffee makers are not listed in any particular order.
Cuisinart programmable vintage coffee maker
The Cuisinart, which costs just under $100, blends the best of the old and modern worlds with various customizable functions. For example, the brew-pause feature is ideal for persons short on patience or time since it allows them to pour themselves a cup of coffee before the brew cycle is completed. It also features a 24-hour auto-start and auto-shutdown feature.
With a capacity of 60 oz, this is the largest vintage coffee maker on our list. Yes, we know it’s listed as a 12-cup machine, but this is a little misleading if you’re from the United States. The majority of producers adopt a 5 oz coffee cup as a standard.
The warming plate, which has three temperature settings, is another fantastic feature. In addition, the kit includes a permanent coffee filter and a water filter.
We suggest this machine for people on a tight budget who enjoy drip coffee and require extra programmable features. This is a low-cost coffee maker with a beautiful retro design.
Espressione cafe retro espresso machine
When Espressione wanted to create a throwback retro coffee maker, they worked hard to make it functional and aesthetically pleasing. The temperature gauge looks like it came from an old muscle car, with the steam-ready indicator lights and on-off switch, which look like they came from an old space shuttle. It is ESE-compatible for ESE coffee pods; it has a milk frother/steamer and a removable water tank.
The machine is made of solid steel and is furnished with ABS plastic. The boiler is composed of aluminum and is designed to resist the high pressures produced by this espresso maker.
Whitbread Wilkinson Pantone coffee maker
This is a s tovetop-compatible Moka pot. The Italians designed and popularized these technologies, which are still in use today. As a result, baristas often consider Moka coffee to be stronger than drip coffee but weaker than regular espresso.
It’s pretty easy to brew an aromatic cup of coffee- add water to the bottom chamber, insert the filter (included), and fill with medium ground coffee ( with a sea-salt consistency). Lock on the top, use medium heat, and you’ll have fresh coffee in about 5 minutes.
This classic Moka pot series comprises heavy-cast aluminum and is designed to use gas stovetops or electric-powered stoves. This vintage coffee maker is a timeless classic that works well in a modern kitchen.
Nostalgia 12-cup programmable coffee maker
The Nostalgia Programmable vintage coffee maker’s retro design does not imply that it is an out-of-date machine. On the contrary, it has all of the convenience features you’d expect from an automatic drip machine, such as a pause-and-serve feature and an automatic shut-off, as well as 24-hour advance brewing that’s simple to program with the intuitive display.
- Small footprint on the counter
- Large capacity of 12 cups
- 2-hour keep-warm function
- 2-hour keep-warm function
- Brew pause allows you to serve at any time during the brewing process.
Smeg 50’s retro-style drip filter coffee machine
If it weren’t for the digital display, you could easily confuse this pod-shaped coffee maker for a 1950s device. It’s sleek and compact, so it’ll work in any size or type of kitchen. The constant filter and selectable brew size reduce waste by eliminating the need for paper filters and assuring that you do not make more coffee as you need.
- A variety of brew sizes and strengths are available.
- Keep warm feature for 60 minutes
- An automatic brewer that can be programmed
Bialetti expresses Moka pot, 6-cup, aluminum silver
The original home brewer, the Bialetti Moka Pot, is a terrific way to obtain a genuinely vintage brewing experience. This vintage coffee maker manual brewer makes a mug of creamy espresso-like coffee in less than ten minutes with no electricity required; espresso-like coffee is far less than 10 minutes. It’s also portable and sturdy, making it ideal for camping and traveling and used in vintage kitchens.
- Constructed of strong, lightweight aluminum
- Constructed of strong, lightweight aluminum
- Ergonomic stay-cool grip
- There is no need for electricity or filtration.
- Brews genuine Italian-style coffee
Farberware Yosemite coffee percolator
Percolator coffee was famous in the 1950s and 1960s. This Farberware Yosemite Coffee Percolator gives this traditional brewing method into your modern kitchen. The dishwasher-safe stainless steel brewer and filter basket are built to last, with a stay-cool handle and a tight-fitting lid for easy and safe serving.
- Appealing mirror finish
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- Non-reactive stainless steel won’t retain odors or flavors.
Primula today stovetop percolator
The Primula Today Stove Top Percolator is composed of lightweight aluminum and has a cool-to-the-touch plastic handle. This makes it an excellent choice for camping and backpacking and a low-cost antique brewer for the family.
- Brews a full 9-cup pot in minutes
- Keeps the handle cold during the brewing
- Creamy stovetop espresso
- Fully disassembled for easy cleaning
- Lightweight and portable
Bella (13683) personal espresso maker
The Bella Personal Espresso Maker also has a distinctive needle design that would look equally at home in modern or historical kitchens. It’s the finest option for making café drinks like cappuccinos and lattes, as it has a built-in adjustable steam wand that can warm and froth the milk.
- Removable drip tray
- Built-in steam wand
- It takes up less space than other automatic espresso machines
Brentwood ts-213bl 4-cup coffee maker
With a 4-cup capacity, this Brentwood automatic drip brewer is ideal for one or two-person families. Its sleek form and pale blue color give it a classic appearance, and it’s constructed of BPA-free plastic for safety and durability.
Its sleek form and pale blue color give it a classic appearance, and it’s constructed of BPA-free glass and plastic, so you can use it securely without worrying about unwanted tastes or chemicals getting into your coffee.
- 4-cup capacity
- BPA-free plastic construction
- Cool-touch housing and handle
- Warming plate to keep coffee hot
- Light indicator for easy operation
Russell Hobbs retro style coffeemaker
The Russell Hobbs Retro Style Coffee Maker exudes a distinct steampunk vibe and is also one of our best 8-cup coffee makers. The front gauge is also essential since it displays the brewing progress and tracks how long the carafe warmer has been turned on. Inside, it’s much more modern than it appears, with a showerhead-style water distribution that saturates and removes the grinds more uniformly than some automatic drip machines.
- Showerhead water dispersal for more even extraction
- Viewing window on tank shows water level
- A front gauge shows brew progress and coffee freshness
- Keeps coffee warm for up to 40 minutes
- Permanent, removable filter included
Diguo royal family siphon coffee maker
Speaking of steampunk, this Diguo siphon coffee machine will make you feel like a supervillain. It’s not the most convenient way or quickest to prepare a cup of coffee. Still, its unusual design can make it the focal point of a retro kitchen and an excellent conversation starter when entertaining guests.
- Beautiful and unique rose gold design
- Reusable cloth filter included
- Medical-grade silicone seal on the borosilicate glass flask
- 304 stainless steel used for brewing components
- Brews clean, aromatic coffee with no bitterness
Elite gourmet Americana coffee maker
All-in-one appliance is a thing of the past. This Elite Gourmet Americana Coffee Maker combines a toaster oven, a grill, and an automatic drip brewer into a single compact piece of equipment. As a result, it is a practical method to save counter space while adding a vintage feel to your kitchen.
- 6-inch non-stick griddle
- 500-watt toaster oven with a 15-minute timer
- It comes with a reusable filter
- Convenient pause-and-serve feature
- Viewing window on water reservoir for easier filling
- Easy on/off switch for a coffeemaker
De’longhi eco310bk espresso machine
Here’s another great tiny retro vintage coffee maker for espresso fans. The De’Longhi ECO310 Espresso Machine is built to the same exacting quality as larger machines, with a sophisticated pump that can achieve 15 bars of pressure and a long-lasting stainless steel boiler. Different thermostats for the steam wand and the group ensure that you’re brewing and steaming at the proper temperature.
- Stainless steel boiler with 15-bar pump
- Separate thermostats for steaming and brewing
- The adjustable steam wand is easy to use
- Large removable water tank
- Self-priming for easier set-up
Gaggia carezza espresso machine
The Gaggia Carezza appears like a 1950s robot with its curved screen, steam knob, pressure gauge, and a fabulous vintage vibe for a retro kitchen. It’s also simple to fill and use, with a variable steam wand and a convenient pressure monitor on the front to ensure you’re brewing at the appropriate pressure.
- Adjustable steam wand for easy milk steaming
- Pre-infusion of grounds for more even extraction
- The large pull-out front-loaded water reservoir
- Covered by a hassle-free 1-year warranty
- Automatic shut-off after 9 minutes
Vintage Coffee Maker Buyer’s Guide
When searching for the perfect vintage coffee maker, it’s important to consider more than just its aesthetic appeal. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Capacity: Determine how much coffee you typically brew at one time. Vintage coffee makers come in various capacities, from single-serve to larger carafe models. Choose one that suits your household’s coffee consumption.
- Material: Consider the durability and safety of the materials used in the coffee maker. Vintage coffee makers are often made of stainless steel, glass, or plastic. Ensure that the materials are of high quality and meet your preferences.
- Brewing Method: Different vintage coffee makers use various brewing methods, such as drip brewing, espresso, or percolation. Consider your taste preferences and brewing skills when choosing a brewing method that suits you.
- Ease of Use: Look for a coffee maker that is user-friendly and easy to operate. Features like automatic shut-off, removable drip trays, and intuitive controls make the brewing process more convenient.
- Maintenance: Consider how easy it is to clean and maintain the coffee maker. Some vintage coffee makers have removable parts that are dishwasher-safe, simplifying the cleaning process.
- Additional Features: Vintage coffee makers may come with extra features, such as built-in grinders, milk frothers, or programmable settings. Assess whether these features are important to you and align with your coffee-making routine.
By considering these factors, you’ll be able to find a vintage coffee maker that not only complements your kitchen decor but also brews delicious coffee and enhances your overall coffee-making experience.
Vintage coffee makers bring a touch of nostalgia, elegance, and charm to your coffee-making routine. In this article, we’ve explored the 15 best vintage coffee makers available, highlighting their unique features and providing a comprehensive buyer’s guide. Whether you’re a coffee aficionado or simply appreciate the beauty of retro design, we hope this article has inspired you to explore the world of vintage coffee making.
Embrace the rich history of coffee makers and enjoy the delightful blend of tradition and modern functionality that vintage coffee makers offer. Happy brewing!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Remember to support us by purchasing through the Amazon/Walmart/Impact Radius links provided. Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Disclosure: No compensation or free products were received in exchange for writing this review.
The editorial staff at Crazy Coffee Crave is a team of coffee enthusiasts & Baristas who enjoy the one thing we all think about as soon as we get up in the morning. Trusted by thousands of readers worldwide.