What is stainless steel coffee maker?
A stainless steel coffee maker is a coffee brewing appliance made wholly or nearly entirely of stainless steel. Stainless steel coffee makers are available in hundreds of different styles and brands and may accommodate almost any brewing technique; it includes manual and automatic drip coffee, espresso, and percolation. Stainless steel coffee makers are long-lasting, safe, and simple to use, producing delicious coffee.
The best metal coffee makers
Coffee is a need in our lives.
You need a fresh, tasty cup of coffee every time you make it. Good kitchen equipment is an investment in enjoying your best life. You want something easy to maintain and constructed to last, don’t you?
Take a look at the top metal coffee makers on the market right now. Prepare to meet “the one,” from the crème de la creme to the most adorable budget-friendly options.
Cuisinart perfectemp coffee maker
- State-of-the-art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control
- Gold tone, commercial style permanent filter.MC Cubic Feet: 2.32
With the Cuisinart Perfectemp, you’ll get hotter coffee without sacrificing the rich flavor. There will be no crossing into disgusting burned coffee zone here. Brew strength controls allow you to choose between standard and bold brews.
Even the stay warm temperature option is programmable, allowing you complete flexibility. Gone are the days when you’d walk into the kitchen for a second drink only to discover that the hot plate had been turned off. (Or, even worse, burned the last few cups.)
The glass carafe can hold up to 14 cups of coffee at once, but you can brew fewer. You may even brew one cup at a time if necessary!
Finally, a replaceable gold-tone filter for your coffee grounds, as well as a charcoal filter for the water reservoir, is included.
- Brew pause feature
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Gold-tone and charcoal filters
- Brew strength control
- 24-hour programmability
Cuisinart coffee center SS-15BKS
- 12-Cup glass carafe with BPA free and stainless steel handle
- Brew strength control - select bold for stronger Coffee flavor
- Gold-tone Coffee filter lets only pure Coffee flavor flow through
- Single-serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz; Fully automatic – 24 hour brew start, self-clean, adjustable auto-off, ready alert
- Includes Cuisinart home Barista reusable filter cup which lets you use your own Coffee, K-Cup Pod compatible as well
This Cuisinart Coffee Center is another fantastic option. It has a twin brewer. On one side, a 12-cup glass carafe; on the other, a single brewer.
This metal coffee maker features a gold-tone filter basket for a pure coffee flavor.
Are you rushing out the door to get to the office or to pick up the kids?
Grab a single brew in a hurry! Select from six, eight, or ten ounces.
You can use k-cups, but Cuisinart offers a reusable filter cup with the Home Barista. That is, rather than being limited to what is offered in pods, one can use your coffee!
- Adjustable brew strength
- Charcoal water filter
- K-cup pod compatibility
- 3-year limited guarantee
Russell Hobbs glass 8-cup stainless steel coffee maker
- Programmable - Easily set the time and auto brew feature using the clear-view digital display
- Permanent Filter - The gold-tone filter is dishwasher-safe and reusable, reduce waste and save time by eliminating paper filters
- Brew Freshness Timer - This convenient feature shows how much time has passed since the brew cycle finished
- Advanced Showerhead Technology - The showerhead is designed to evenly saturate coffee grounds for full flavor extraction during the brewing process
- Advanced Showerhead Technology - The showerhead is designed to evenly saturate coffee grounds for great flavor extraction during the brewing process.
As this is an automatic drip coffee maker, it is not completely free of plastic. It is one of the best BPA-free washing machines in the world.
This is completely programmed, automatic equipment that will meet the needs of anyone who has to wake up and go in the morning. Before you go to bed, fill the reservoir and place your grounds in the included gold-tone filter, the Russell Hobbs Glass Series will do the rest.
The disadvantage has a plastic showerhead over the basket. This showerhead performs an excellent job of evenly dispersing hot water over the grounds, and we must say that it made a superb cup of coffee. However, it is constructed of plastic, and a showerhead with many little streams exposes a large surface area to hot water.
- Includes a metal, gold-tone filter
- Advanced showerhead technology
- It has a glass carafe
- Plastic showerhead and filter basket
Hamilton beach 2-way coffee maker
- 2 WAYS TO BREW: SINGLE CUP OR FULL POT. Brew a single-serve cup or a full pot of coffee with your favorite ground coffee. Whichever way you brew, the Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker makes it easy to do both. Not compatible with K-Cup pods
- SIMPLE SINGLE-CUP BREWING — DOESN'T USE K-CUP PODS. Brew a cup for one using loose ground coffee (not compatible with K-Cup pods). With the included mesh scoop, adding your favorite ground coffee couldn’t be easier: just scoop, place and brew
- PEACE OF MIND WITH 2 HOUR AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. How many times have you walked out the door, only to wonder: did I turn the coffee maker off. Now there's no worry or turning around to check, since the coffee maker turns off automatically after 2 hours
- PROGRAMMABLE FOR WAKE-UP READY COFFEE. Program the Hamilton Beach coffee maker with the time you want to start brewing, fill with water and add ground coffee. When you wake up, coffee will be hot and ready to drink. Not compatible with K-Cup pod
- CHOOSE YOUR BREW STRENGTH WITH SELECT-A-BREW. Control how strong you want your coffee with two brew options: regular and bold. Choose Regular for standard medium-grind coffee, or go Bold for decaf, finer grind or a premium roast brand for richer flavor
- USE YOUR FAVORITE TRAVEL CUP OR MUG. Mugs not included
You’ve most likely heard of Hamilton Beach. Their kitchen appliances are both inexpensive and dependable. This two-way metal coffee machine is no different.
It has a 12-cup capacity glass carafe on one side, similar to the Cuisinart selection. On the opposite side, a single brewer (that adapts to your cup size!)
- Keep-hot warming plate
- Sneak-a-cup feature
- Brew strength settings
- One-year limited warranty
- Auto shutoff
Cuisinart stainless steel thermal coffeemaker
- Hotter Coffee with expert coffee-making technology to ensure hotter Coffee temperature without sacrificing flavor or quality. Cord length : 36 Inches
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold Coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour Programmability, self clean, 1-4 cup setting, auto-off, and optional ready alert tone
- 12-Cup thermal carafe with decorative Stainless Steel handle
- Easy-to-view water window for accurate filling
- Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of Coffee before the brewing cycle has finished
This style makes our list due to its excellent thermal carafe.
Excellent for keeping hot coffee hot while avoiding the burnt taste that hot plates may occasionally impart on your special brew.
Brew pause is useful if you simply cannot wait for all twelve cups to brew until drinking your first cup (we understand!). Choose between standard and bold flavor.
It’s all of that plus a bag of potato chips. If potato chips arrived in a beautiful stainless steel box.
- Self-clean option
- Brew pause feature
- 36-inch cord One to four cup setting
- Dimensions: 9 x 7.75 x 14.25”
- Three-year limited warranty
- Carafe capacity of 12 cups
- Self-cleaning function
- 3-Year Limited Warranty
- The bottom half has hard plastic feet.
Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer
- Classic or Rich, each brew is flavorful and never bitter with custom brew strengths
- Hotter brewing technology: Advanced boiler for a perfectly hot cup of coffee
- Wake up to hot coffee. 24-hour programmable delay brew allows you to prepare your brew up to a day in advance
- Keep coffee fresh and flavorful up to 4 hours with the adjustable warming plate
- Conveniently carry the 60-oz. removable water reservoir to your sink for easy filling. Dishwasher-safe parts: Yes
- Material type: Plastic
This appliance is powered by Hotter Brewing Technology, which is a sophisticated boiler that offers a properly brewed cup of coffee, powers the Ninja CE251 Stainless Steel Coffee Maker. It offers two brew settings – Classic and Rich – to suit your tastes.
It has a 24-hour Delay Brew mode that allows you to program the brewer to ensure that you have freshly brewed coffee whenever you wake up or when you get home from work. The flavor straw encourages overall coffee circulation, resulting in a tasty product.
- Large capacity avoids the need for regular refilling
- Outstanding design
- Reasonably priced
- Makes a gurgling sound during the brewing
Ninja hot and cold-brewed coffee maker
- Coffee and tea brew settings: Brewing technology offers an array of coffee and tea options
- Cold brew coffee and tea: Brew over ice at a lower temperature for smooth, naturally sweet flavor in 10 to 15 minutes
- Smart basket recognition: System recognizes basket and displays coffee or tea drink options
- Separate coffee and tea baskets: Brew coffee or loose or bagged tea to keep flavors separate
- 6 brew sizes: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or full carafe in your coffee maker
- 5 brew styles: Choose your strength with classic, rich, over ice, cold brew, or specialty
You’re certainly aware of Ninja’s high-powered blenders, but now they’ve entered the coffee scene as well!
You and the machine’s Auto-IQ will be prepared to brew rain or shine when you bring their hot and cold brewer system home!
If you have a company that doesn’t like coffee, they’ll appreciate the fact that it also brews tea! Separate brewing baskets are made to ensure that your coffee and tea flavors do not mix.
- Smart basket recognition
- Six different brew sizes
- No-pod brewing
- Fridge with a fold-away frother
Hamilton beach works as a smart coffee maker.
- Alexa turn on my coffee maker smart 12 cup coffee maker works with Alexa giving you the ability to ask your Alexa app or Alexa smart speaker to start brewing change brew strength or turn off the coffee maker. The clock automatically keeps the correct time by syncing wirelessly with the app so you can easily program for wake-up ready coffee using routines in the Alexa app.
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Works with Alexa this smart coffee maker is "works with Alexa certified" meeting a high bar for responsiveness reliability & functionality. Few smart coffee makers are able to achieve works with Alexa certification which ensures the best smart home experience with your Alexa app or echo device.
- No need to download additional apps to control the coffee maker you only need the Alexa app to turn the connected brewer on or off. You can use the Alexa app to set morning routines to program to brew which gets you out the door even faster.
- Easily add coffee and water from the front. The front fill design of the reservoir lets you add water without moving the smart coffee maker from under the cabinets. The brew basket uses a standard coffee filter and swings out for front filling.
- Peace of mind never leave the house wondering if the coffee maker is still on, turn it off using the Alexa app or by saying "Alexa turn off my coffee maker". If you forget auto shutoff automatically turns off the heating plate after 2 hours.
The Works Smart Coffee Maker is our second Hamilton Beach recommendation!
What makes this metal coffee machine so smart?
It works with Alexa!
It’s easy to set up! This coffee maker will be ready to connect with Alexa as soon as you unpack it and plug it into your countertop.
- Automatic shutoff
- Cleaning cycle reminder
- Various brew strength options
- Water storage in the front
Cuisinart programmable 10-cup coffeemaker
- 10-cup stainless steel double-wall insulated thermal carafe
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and adjustable auto-shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Brew Strength Control allows you to enjoy your coffee Regular or Bold before brewing is completed
- Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before brewing is completed
- Gold tone commercial style permanent filter, Charcoal water filter (removes impurities)
Another thermal carafe to consider is the Cuisinart Extreme Brew, which is ready to elevate your mornings.
The Extreme Brew is also 25% faster than regular drip coffee makers. The thermal carafe is double-walled insulated so that it will keep your favorite coffee hot for hours!
It is fully programmable, with brew strength selections and an automatic shutoff mechanism, just like some of the other Cuisinart products.
The water reservoir is simple to fill and has a side window that shows the water level.
- Charcoal water filter
- Pouring spout with no drips
- Limited three-year warranty
Bunn speed brew elite coffee maker
- Brews a full pot of coffee in less than half the time of other top selling home coffeemakers
- Commercial grade stainless steel hot water tank
- Brews one large travel mug (20 ounces) to a full pot (50 ounces)
- Drip free carafe delivers the cleanest pour on the market
- Unique spray head for optimal coffee extraction and flavor
- 3 year warranty backed by BUNN customer service in Springfield
Hot coffee that brews quickly. That is why you should think about purchasing the Bunn Elite coffee maker!
It also includes a commercial-grade stainless steel water tank. You don’t consider this to be elite enough?
So, how about a one-of-a-kind spray head? What’s the point of that, you ask?
Of course, to ensure excellent coffee extraction and flavor!
In addition, they include a 25-count starter pack of coffee filters with each purchase.
- Unique spray head
- Made in the USA
- Drip-free carafe
- Hot water tank made of commercial-grade stainless steel
- Three-year limited warranty
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Produces the cleanest pour
- Includes 25 coffee filter starter pack
- It has a bit of a plastic smell
Precision brewer coffee maker by Breville
- The Breville Precision Brewer Thermal is a 60 oz drip coffee maker with thermal carafe that allows you to brew third wave specialty coffee at home, automatically; Experience your favorite coffee at its best with precise temperature and brewing time
- AUTOMATIC PRESETS AND CUSTOMIZABLE: 6 unique brewing modes ensure you enjoy the perfect balanced coffee every time; Preset modes include Gold, Fast, Strong, Iced, Cold Brew and My Brew, all so you can experience your favorite coffee at its best
- PRECISE & ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE: Coffee maker with precise digital temperature control (PID), 3 different flow rates to optimize contact time and Thermo Coil Heating System delivering water that is more pure than typical brewing systems that use aluminium
- GOLD CUP STANDARD: In Gold Cup preset mode the Breville Precision Brewer Glass automatically adjusts the water temperature and brew time to meet the standards set by the SCA (197 to 204 degrees)
- AUTO 'STEEP AND RELEASE' TECHNOLOGY: Breville's patented Steep & Release valve holds the water in contact with the coffee when small cup volumes are being brewed without the glass carafe in place automatically
- MY BREW SETTING: Allows you to customize parameters like bloom time, brew temperature, and flow rate to suit your coffee needs; create a perfect coffee that is floral, fruity, earthy, and so on to match your preference
It includes the standard automated presets. You can make your own. There’s even a Gold Cup Standard setting! As a result, coffee enthusiasts can enjoy a cup of coffee that satisfies SCA criteria.
It also provides accurate and adjustable temperature control.
It’s also shockingly attractive for an automatic coffee machine.
- My Brew Mode
- Two filter baskets
- Six distinct brewing modes
- Temperature control that can be adjusted
- Preset Gold Cup standard
- Removes the ‘burnt’ flavor
- Keeps coffee hot for longer periods
- The carafe’s exterior isn’t as hot as other glass carafes.
- Because of the narrow entrance, cleaning is more difficult.
Krups brew a 10-cup drip coffee maker.
- PERFECT FOR WHOLE FAMILY: 10 cups of brewing capacity is the perfect size for multiple coffee lovers at home, while maintaining a compact and modern style
- EASY BREWING: Large permanent coffee filter allows you to pour your desired amount of fresh ground coffee (up to 10 cups worth) - no pods or paper filters needed
- WATER TANK WINDOW: Easy fill to your desired level with exterior water window
- SIMPLE OPERATION: No-fuss coffee maker brews your morning coffee with the push of a button and dedicated on/off lighted button
- CONVENIENT & SAFETY: The keep warm function automatically kicks on after brewing so you have hot coffee when you want it and automatically shuts off after 1 hour
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDED: Dishwasher safe glass coffee pot with drip free spout, a reusable coffee filter to reduce waste, and a measuring spoon (Compatible with #2 paper coffee filter)
Beautiful. Functional.Simple to use. That pretty much sums up the Krups Simply Brew Family coffee maker!
The silver stainless steel finish will stand out in your home kitchen, and the design is highly urban. You’ll like the simple-to-fill water tank. Almost as much as you’ll appreciate the incredibly easy turn-off/on switch!
- Limited two-year warranty
- Simple-to-fill water tank
- Keep warm feature
- A permanent gold-tone filter
- System of pause and serve
- Simple to clean
- Includes a built-in coffee filter
- Convenient water tank filling
- There is no auto-shutoff feature.
Advantages of using a stainless steel coffee maker
Suppose you purchase a machine made of stainless steel. In that case, you may rest assured that if the machine becomes unusable in the future, it will most likely be due to anything electronic inside the machine rather than the construction material directly. Coffee brewers made of plastic or with many plastic parts are prone to warping and cracking if they get too hot—and coffee makers made of glass can break. Fortunately, stainless steel does not have any of these difficulties.
The second, and perhaps most important, the advantage of stainless steel is that it does not leach harmful substances when heated, as plastics can. Even BPA-free plastics can leak harmful chemicals into foods and beverages. There is no drawback if ingestion of these toxins can be avoided by merely employing a stainless steel device.
Coffee that tastes better
Coffee made in a stainless steel coffee maker has the same, if not better, flavor than coffee produced in a plastic brewer—better since your coffee will never have the plastic flavor that is evident when brewing with some relatively low plastic brewers. Another advantage of stainless steel is that it is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
Stainless steel is naturally dirt-resistant. It has an exceptionally smooth surface, which prevents bacteria and filth from hiding in cracks and crevices. All you have to do is clean it with soap and water to get rid of any infectious material. Stainless steel is an extremely hygienic material, making it ideal for use in the kitchen.
Stainless steel does not absorb scents for similar reasons that it does not contain dirt. The coffee will not have that terrible stale smell that plastic may have after many, many usages, and it will not stain as some glass models can.
Mode of operation of coffee steel makers
A wide variety of stainless steel coffee makers are available, ranging from Vietnamese coffee drippers and pour-over coffee makers to French press and stovetop espresso makers, espresso machines, electric drip coffee makers, and electric percolators. The possibilities are numerous and nearly limitless.
Some are electric and automatic, while others are entirely manual and do not even require hot water to brew (such as cold brew!). They all have in common that they all aim to dissolve a small amount of the coffee bean in a certain length of time using water.
Regardless of whether the device is made of plastic, glass, or stainless steel, it all works in one of three ways, employing either immersion, infusion, or pressure (we’ll go over these in more detail later).
Pros and cons
Each choice, like any other, has advantages and disadvantages. While this is true of stainless steel coffee makers, the benefits far exceed the modest drawbacks.
- Stainless steel is an extremely long-lasting and durable material.
- It tastes better to brew in stainless steel. There will be no plastic taste because the coffee will not make contact with anything plastic.
- Because there is no plastic in the brew, BPAs and other toxins present in plastic cannot seep into it. Numerous studies have demonstrated that plastics, particularly those contained in low-quality devices, have major health consequences ranging from cancer to fertility difficulties.
- There are numerous brewers to select from
- Stainless steel coffee brewers are often more expensive than plastic coffee brewers.
- Because stainless steel is a heavier material, it may deter some people from searching for a device to travel with.
- One advantage of plastic is that it does not absorb heat in the same way as steel or glass. Stainless steel absorbs a lot of heat from the brew and draws it away. This may have an impact on extraction. It is unlikely that this will have any detrimental impact on the average home coffee enthusiast or user.
- While stainless steel does not absorb the same harmful compounds as plastic, it can leach its toxins. The chemicals leached by stainless steel are non-toxic, and the levels reached during an average brew time of fewer than four minutes would be exceedingly minimal.
Choosing the best stainless steel coffee maker
The capacity of a carafe refers to how much coffee you like being able to produce at once. A one or two-cup brewer will do if you’re only brewing for yourself. If you’re brewing for family or groups, you might like to check for something that either brews huge amounts with a large carafe capacity or brews smaller amounts fast.
Type of Carafe
The majority of carafes on the market now are made of glass or stainless steel. Both have advantages, with steel being more sturdy and glass being clear, allowing you to see how much coffee is left. Most steel carafes have the extra advantage of being insulated, which keeps your coffee hot for longer.
Brewing temperature is an extremely crucial aspect of coffee brewing, so much so that it is perhaps the most highly disputed topic on coffee geek forums worldwide because different flavors in coffee are extracted at different temperatures.
Brew Strength Control
If you enjoy your coffee darker than most, a device with brew-strength control might be just what you want. But if you’ve looked through this list and discovered a machine that checks all the boxes except this one, don’t worry!
Easily add five to ten grams more coffee to the basket to make a very strong coffee in a machine without brew-strength control.
As previously said, the delayed start timer is a programmable feature that is difficult to live without. But the programmability doesn’t end there; some machines also incorporate brew strength, brew size, and freshness indicators.
Stop and Serve
The brew is just halfway done, but you’re dying for a cup right now? The pause and serve function will take care of you. Some machines let you remove the carafe while the machine is brewing. This will pause the brewing process, allowing you sufficient time to fill a cup and replace the carafe before it resumes.
Some coffee brewing machines feature a water filter. Some remove foreign items from the water, while others remove undesired minerals and pH levels, making the water more suitable for brewing.
Coffee Grinder is included.
Some coffee brewers are sold as a whole unit. It’s a filter, a brewer, and a grinder all rolled into one.
SCAA certified drip coffee brewers are listed on a renowned list maintained by the SCAA. To be awarded the coveted accreditation, a coffee brewer must first pay a hefty fee to the SCAA; then, the machine must undergo various tests linked to the machine’s mechanisms and the quality of the coffee it can make. Any coffee machine that has received SCAA certification is good equipment capable of producing superb coffee.
Dos and don’ts with the use of a stainless steel coffee maker
- Select a high-quality gadget. Spend a bit more today to get a machine that will last a long time.
- Make sure you use decent coffee. If you use terrible coffee, no matter how fantastic your machine is, the brew will not be great.
- Cleanse your brewing equipment regularly.
- When cleaning your stainless steel coffee maker, avoid using anything abrasive.
- Don’t use any syrups or sweeteners in the coffee maker. You can use syrup to flavor your coffee; just make sure to apply it to the cup rather than the coffeemaker.
10 coffee-making tips for at-home use
It’s time to enhance your flavor experience now that you have a safe stainless steel coffee maker!
These are ten brewing tips that will take you from “mmm wonderful coffee” to “Wow, what’s up with this coffee?”
- Water. In your coffee machine, always use filtered, cold freshwater. That’s fantastic if you have an at-home water filtering system! You can also buy water (but not distilled!).
- Roast. A medium roast is good for automatic drip. You can also experiment with medium-dark roasts to find what flavor works best for you.
- Beans. Use the most recent beans you can locate. When possible, buy whole beans and check the roast date.
- Scale. Take out a digital scale and weigh your beans. This small move will have a big impact. The Golden coffee Ratio is 1:17 beans to water.
- Grind. You should wait until just before brewing to grind your fresh beans! A medium grind is usually appropriate for automatic drip coffee makers.
- Grinder. Rather than a blade grinder, invest in a burr grinder. This ensures the most uniform grind. Every bean counts!
- Temperature. The brewing water for your coffee should be between 195 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit. Fortunately, your fantastic new metal coffee maker will take care of this important step for you!
- Preheat. Run a cycle through your maker without the coffee. While you weigh and grind the beans, use the hot water to warm your carafe. But don’t forget to empty the coffee maker before you start it!
- Filter. To aid your brewing process, use the correct size paper filters for your machine and consider pre-wetting it.
- Practice. With each brew, you’ll learn more about your machine and which beans/grinds/roasts best satisfy your caffeine cravings. Experiment with all of the features, brew strength, and so on.
Bonus tip: Try and clean your machine after each brew and to descale it every three months!
Frequently asked questions
Is it safe to use stainless steel coffee makers?
Plastic coffee makers that are not BPA-free may be hazardous to your health. Then, by chance, BPA-free plastic may be just as dangerous!
So you reach for the tried-and-true stainless steel. Is it safe?
Absolutely. Avoid any that are covered with aluminum, though. Otherwise, a stainless steel coffee maker with a glass carafe is a far safer option. Free of the nefarious chemicals found in plastic.
Is there a stainless steel coffee machine with no plastic parts?
Both yes and no.
There is no such thing as a completely plastic-free automatic drip coffee machine. These machines will, at the very least, have plastic water tubes, and most will include plastic filter baskets and carafe lids.
However, some automatic drip coffee makers use solely BPA-free plastic and many glasses or stainless steel elements as feasible. We’ve included some reviews of these computers. They’re not entirely plastic-free, but they’re as close as you can get while also being automatic.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-09-22