Coffee is a great energy jolter aside from its great fragrance and aroma. The freshness, fragrance, aroma, taste, and creaminess are just some of the factors to consider when choosing a flavored coffee.
With thousands of various choices in the market out there, randomly buying a vanilla flavored coffee without doing your research first might lead you to buying poor quality or poor tasting ones.
That is why, we compiled the basics you should know about buying French vanilla flavored coffee. We also collated some product recommendations you might want to try.
Best French vanilla coffee you should try
Here are the top french vanilla flavored coffee that will give you the best aroma, fragrance, creaminess, texture, and flavor.
Lifeboost French vanilla
- Healthy, Heavenly Coffee: Our French Vanilla coffee gets its rich flavor from natural oil based extracts--- resulting in a bright, cheery brew! No sugar. No unhealthy additives. A healthy heavenly coffee that takes you away to your own dreamy spice island
- Delicious, Ethically Sourced Coffee: You've tried the rest, now buy the best; Lifeboost Non-Gmo organic whole bean low acid coffee is high in flavor; The beans are sun dried, and spring water washed; The result is pure, natural coffee derived straight from nature
- Grown In The Mountains Of Central America: Lifeboost Single Origin Acid Free Coffee is shade grown at a high elevation in the mountains of Central America; The exclusive farms that we work with are all bird friendly and each coffee bean is hand selected to ensure purity
This is the best overall French vanilla flavored coffee because of its great balance in aromatic smoothness, bean sweetness and vanilla. Aside from that, you can assure that it is safe because the beans used for this product are pesticide-free, shade-grown and organic. For the health-conscious individuals, this is also a great deal because it has zero calorie content with low acidity. In terms of the company’s ethics, this product is certified Fair Trade.
- With natural flavor
- Organic, free from pesticides
- With no calorie content and low acidity
- Vanilla flavor may fade during brewing
Volcanica French vanilla
- French Vanilla flavored coffee gives you the sweet, smooth and rich flavor of real vanilla creates the perfect cup.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
If you like a strong vanilla flavor, this all-Arabica Volcanica French vanilla coffee is the one best suited for your taste. It is smooth with no bitterness at all, and does not have the weird aftertaste you usually feel in inferior coffees. If you do not like caffeine, there is also a decaf variant of this coffee. You can also choose whether to buy the three grind sizes or whole beans. Albeit not the cheapest, but it is such a steal considering its flavor and value.
- No bitter taste
- No weird aftertaste
- Has a money-back guarantee
- Can be bought in whole grain or three grind sizes
- Not the cheapest option out there
Maxwell house French vanilla flavored coffee
- Rich and creamy coffee with a dash of vanilla flavor, inspired by the cafes of Europe
- Single serve gourmet coffee
- 29 oz x 2 Cans
If you are on a budget and are looking for the coffee with the best value for your money, you might consider this 29-ounce container Maxwell House French Vanilla Flavored Coffee. Aside from it being the best value option out there, you can even save more by buying in bulk. It has a rich flavor profile but not a gourmet blend. Although it is not the most flavorful coffee, it is still good enough considering its large quantity which will last you for several weeks.
- Has a large quantity of 29 ounces
- Very affordable, best value option
- Almost similar taste to the brand’s creamer
- Flavor not at par with the superior brands
Jim Beam bourbon vanilla flavored coffee
- 12 oz bag of Jim Beam Bourbon Vanilla Bourbon Flavored Ground Coffee
- A burst of sweet vanilla with a creamy, woody overtone highlights the bourbon-flavored coffee's caramel and smokey notes.
- Each bag makes up to forty 6 oz cups
This coffee combines French-style and Ireland flavor with the woody Bourbon note. Despite it having a Bourbon note, this is not an alcoholic drink. Hence, if you are looking for something different, this unique mix of Bourbon, vanilla, and smokey blend is a must try. Just a bit of heads up, the bourbon taste in it could be a tad stronger than the vanilla taste.
- Unique flavor, a combination of Bourbon, smokey blend and vanilla
- Bourbon taste may override vanilla flavor
- Can be pricier compared to other flavored coffees
Copper moon whole-bean French vanilla coffee
- REACH FOR THE MOON!! Copper Moon Coffee is a family roastery focused on a simple mission: to create evenly roasted, uniquely smooth, high grade coffee, giving you a perfectly satisfying taste that’s out of this world.
- SUSTAINABLE COFFEE SOURCING: Copper Moon Coffee has created our own globally sustainable coffee bean sourcing program focusing outwardly to achieve a positive social, economic, and environmental impact. We search for the best high elevation, low elevation, organic, single origin coffee beans from small family owned farms in attempt to enhance the wellbeing of the family and farm. Our goal is to bring you the freshest coffee for you to proudly brew and serve.
- HAND CRAFTED ON EARTH: Copper Moon Coffee's handcrafted process begins with premium specialty grade coffee beans sourced from 5 continents and 17 different countries, then they go through a delicate small batch roasting process to ensure we bring out the best aroma and flavors in each and every coffee we offer. Whether you enjoy light roast, medium roast or dark roast, each sip of a cup of Copper Moon Coffee embodies a singular & delightful event.
The Copper Moon Whole-Bean French Vanilla Coffee is the best option for people who would like to grind their own beans and create a coffee-shop atmosphere at home. You can be assured that the beans in this coffee have a great flavor profile because these are roasted in a single batch. However, these can be a bit hefty. You might also have issues with its packaging as it can easily tear given its 2-pound bean content.
- Comes in whole bean
- Roasted for flavor enhancement
- Packaging not durable enough to hold the two-pound contents
Dunkin’ Donuts coffee French vanilla flavored ground coffee
- Contains 1 - 12 ounce bag of ground coffee
- Crave-worthy vanilla flavor
- A smooth and flavorful medium roast coffee, specially blended and roasted to deliver the same great taste as the brewed Dunkin' coffee available in Dunkin' shops
Made with rich Arabica beans, this French vanilla coffee has a sweet and syrup-like vanilla flavor. It is a French vanilla version of the said brand’s medium roast sold in their stores. This is the best coffee for you if you are craving for Dunkin Donuts coffee and want to recreate your own brew at home. Its versatile flavor is fit for cappuccinos and even cold brews. It also has great packaging.
- Easy to brew
- Premium quality and taste
- Can be used for hot and cold brews
- A brew-at-home version of the brand’s signature coffee
- The roast may feel too rich and bitter
- Can be too strong and bitter if used in large quantitie
Eight O’clock coffee French vanilla
- GREAT TASTING Coffee for over 100 years – Winey notes and a rich, elegant aroma with a full-bodied finish. All of roasting is done at our own facility in Maryland, USA
- MEDIUM ROASTED COFFEE: Smooth and soft bodied medium roast. Perfect for in the morning or a pick-me-up in the afternoon
- BOLD FLAVORS: Blend of sweet vanilla, subtle notes of caramel and an exceptionally smooth flavor. State of Readiness: Ingredient
This brand is proven and tested in producing quality coffees for more than 150 years. This Eight O’clock Coffee French vanilla is made of 100% Arabica Beans from South America. This coffee combines classic roast and vanilla to give you that creamier and sweeter dimension with a hint of caramel flavor.
- Enhanced flavor through medium roast
- Each purchase will help local coffee farmers
- Medium roast tends to be bitter
- Poor packaging, may lead to ground spillage
- Weaker brew due to its coarse textured grind
Maxwell house international French vanilla café instant coffee
- 4 ct. pack of 8.4 oz. canisters of Maxwell House International French Vanilla Café-Style Instant Coffee Beverage Mix
- Maxwell House International French Vanilla Café-Style Beverage Mix has a consistently great taste
- Our Instant Maxwell House coffee mix has a creamy French vanilla flavor that’s good to the last drop
If you find using whole beans and ground coffee a bit time consuming, this Maxwell House International French Vanilla Café Instant Coffee is the solution. It is quick and easy to prepare, thus, satisfying your caffeine needs without taking up much of your time. This brand is famous for its quality coffees, and this is proven by this product which is smooth and light-tasting with the right level of sweetness. It’s taste is good enough to be used as a coffee creamer
- Container is resealable
- Easy-to-prepare, can simply be added and stirred into a hot water
- Has low-calorie content, only 60 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per serving
- Has sugar
- Has dairy, not suitable for those allergic with dairy products
- Flavor not at par with freshly ground coffee’s richness and complexity
New England coffee French vanilla medium roast ground coffee
- French Vanilla Coffee: Smooth and sweet French vanilla flavor combines with our signature blend of 100% Arabica coffee for our medium roast French Vanilla coffee.
- Ground Coffee: Made of 100% Arabica coffee. Gluten free and Certified Kosher ground coffee. Use only fresh water when brewing the coffee grounds for smooth taste and flavor
- Small Batch Roast: Sourced from the finest coffee growing regions, our premium coffees are always 100% Arabica coffee beans, which are small-batch roasted for consistently balanced flavor every time.
Made by New England company, a popular company in producing premium roasted coffee for more than 100 years, this product will surely meet your standards. It is made with 100% Arabica beans in a smooth medium roast giving you a great flavor and noticeable French vanilla taste. Since it is in medium roast, this is also great for cold brew style. For its price, it gives value to your money
- Gluten-free and kosher
- Does not have an artificial aftertaste
- Made from Arabica beans produced internationally
- Purchases will help support the Sustainable Cup project
- With artificial flavoring, not all-natural
Where does vanilla come from?
Vanilla can be found in tropical regions such as Indonesia and Madagascar. Initially, it was a native orchid in Mexico. It takes a long and tedious process to grow that is why it is considered as one of the most expensive spices worldwide. You can usually buy extracts, or you can also opt to buy vanilla pads and use the beans inside it.
Is French vanilla and vanilla the same?
The word “French” does not mean that it was made in France. “French” was initially used to further describe a type of ice cream. In this sense, French vanilla ice cream is a tad more yellow in color than the normal vanilla ice cream because egg yolks are added in the former.
To make it clearer, French attached to ice cream simply refers to the method it is made. In terms of coffee, using the word French vanilla coffee does not mean that egg yolk was also added. French coffee is not a type of vanilla. It is just a fancy way of saying vanilla coffee. There is nothing different between these two.
How is French vanilla coffee made?
Unlike French vanilla ice cream which uses egg yolk, French vanilla coffee does not; it is simply a flavored coffee. In order to make this flavored coffee, here are the simple steps.
- Roast the whole beans.
- Place the roast beans in a mixer with syrup or flavor oil.
- Allow time for the beans to absorb and soak up the syrup and aroma. (Beans have tiny holes that allow absorption.)
- Flavor the coffee using artificial or natural flavoring.
- There is no need to add sugar.
What to consider when choosing the best French vanilla coffee
The type of roast
The type of roast you will choose will determine the flavor you’ll have. There are four basic roasts: light, medium, medium-dark and dark.
Light roast means your beans are not cooked for a long time. In this vein, you will get the most caffeine and preserved bean taste. These are also the least oily among these. However, light roast gives you the most acidic coffee.
Medium roast balances getting flavor, a good aroma while keeping the caffeine. That is why this is popular in big companies in America such as the Folgers and Maxwell house.
If you want the best of both worlds, medium-dark roast is the best for you. You can get the original tones of the bean while also enjoying the taste of the roasting process. This roast can also be oily.
This type of roast has the most oil. It contains the least acid and caffeine. It also has the strongest and boldest flavor among the four.
The type of bean
Choosing the type of bean your coffee is made of is an important consideration as it affects the flavor and aroma you’ll get from your drink. Arabica, Robusta, Liberica, and Excelsia are the four types of beans.
This is the most famous type of being, saturating about 70 percent in the industry. However, it is also the most expensive among all types. Its price is justified by its great aroma and flavor.
This has the greatest caffeine content, so if you want to amp your energy, this is the best type of bean for you. It is also not expensive, but on the downside, it has less flavor. Usually companies combine Arabica and Robusta beans in order to create a blend with a balance of affordability, caffeine content and flavor.
If you are looking for a bolder version of Robusta, then Liberica suits you. This type of bean however, is not common in many places. It is highly famous in the Philippines.
Despite this bean offering great aroma and unique flavor, it is not that popular and commonly known because of its rarity. It can only be cultivated in the Southeast Asian region.
The region where it came from
The nutrient content of the soil, the cultivating process and the type of plant it is from will determine the type of taste and flavor you’ll get. The methods for each vary per region. You can choose from a wide array of regions from South and North America to Asia and Africa. To know which regional taste suits you, it is better to try the variety of coffee from these places for you to spot the difference. However, if you are a fan of dark roast, the region it came from will not matter much. What you should give priority in that case is the process of roasting the beans.
The flavor that suits your taste
There are a bunch of companies that manufacture French vanilla coffees. As a rule of thumb, choose the coffee that balances the aroma of the coffee with the vanilla flavor. Stay away from mixes that have too much or too little vanilla flavoring. There should be a balance between the ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Is there sugar content in French vanilla coffee?
It depends if you use ground coffee and beans or the instant ones. If it is prepared by cafes and stores, it could have a lot of sugar content. However, if it is made from ground coffee and beans, there is no sugar or carbs added in the process. In this case, it is sugar-free.
Is French vanilla sweet?
Despite its lack of sugar content, French vanilla coffee is sweet because of the vanilla extracts. Thus, you’ll get sweet notes, a custard-like taste and creamy texture because the vanilla takes away the bitter taste of the coffee.
Is French vanilla coffee good for the health?
Adding vanilla in your coffee can be good for relieving stress and stomach aches and joint pain. It can also alleviate your digestive issues. Aside from these, it is also good for your brain health.
What is the taste of a French vanilla coffee like?
It tastes very sweet, almost like an ice cream.
Where can you get artificial vanilla?
Artificial vanilla is from the cute animal beaver. Beavers have a gland in their bodies that gives off that vanilla-like sweet smell. However, these glands are located in their anus. The other downside is that using this method to extract artificial vanilla is cruel to animals as you have to kill the beavers to extract these from their glands. It is also an expensive method. That is why, rather than using this, artificial vanilla flavors are now created in laboratories to imitate the smell and taste of real vanilla.
Once you determine the kind of texture, flavor and notes you want to experience in a coffee, it will then be easier for you to choose among the wide array of the best French vanilla coffee options.
Knowing about the regions where the coffee is from and the types of beans and roasting method is also a great way to help you make wise purchasing decisions. If you want to get the best of all these brands, you can try the Lifeboost French Vanilla or the Volcanica French Vanilla. If budget is your priority, the Maxwell House International Coffee French Vanilla Café is also a great option.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-06-09