Any coffee aficionados who truly love coffee has at one time used a coffee percolator. Some still use them today. Percolators are excellent coffee makers that have stood the test of time. While you may meet some people who try to underrate them, you just need to use one to know how useful they are.
Are coffee percolators any good? and does it make better coffee?
Do electric percolators make good coffee?
What is the best electric percolator coffee to buy?
With that in mind, here is a list of the best electric percolators to consider this year. We are confident you will love this list.
Maxi-Matic Elite Platinum EC-120 12 Cup Percolator
You will truly enjoy having Maxi-Matic in the house. First, it gives you the pleasure of watching your coffee circling through its transparent top knob. It is entirely composed of steel. This makes sure no chemical gets into your coffee and spoil the fun. Maxi-Matic has a separate power cord and ready-to-drink indicator lights. Additionally, it is heat resistant, comfortable to hold, and well designed to aid in pouring and prevent drips.
- Pot can be lifted off element for serving
- Smart safety feature such as boil dry that prevents it from heating once there is no liquid inside
- Balanced, flavorful coffee
- Well designed
- The knob of the lid is very delicate
Cuisinart PRC-12 Classic 12-Cup Percolator
This slim and elegant unit is worth sitting in your kitchen. Its top knob allows you to watch coffee burbling merrily inside when brewing. It has a cool bottom that stops it from scorching your surfaces and indicator lights that let you know when coffee is ready. It is ideal for anyone who wants more coffee instantly. Cuisinart is designed to brew more than four cups at a time.
- Ready-to-drink indicator
- Slim, elegant appearance
- Inconsistent flavor
- The brewing capacity is limited
Presto 02811 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Presto is another must-have percolator. Like Maxi-Matic, this also eschews plastic for stainless steel. That explains why you will enjoy a perfect cup of java. This particular model comes with paper filters that are hard to find in an average corner store. Presto is easy to clean, durable, designed for precision pouring, lightweight, and has a detachable cord for easy storing and serving.
- Automatic keep-warm mode
- Easy to clean
- Ready to drink signal light
- Paper filters included in the packaging
- The filters are hard to replace
Hamilton Beach 40616 12-Cup Percolator with Cool-Touch Handle
This percolator also eschews plastic. It is designed to brew the perfect cups of joe. It has smart safety features such as ready-drink-light, keeps coffee warm automatically, and has a drip-free spout. Additionally, this unit has a detachable cord and a cool-touch handle.
- Detachable cord
- Drip-free spout
- Ready-to-serve indicator light
- Not portable
- Heavy build
Farberware FCP412 12-Cup Percolator
Meet Farberware, a 12-cup percolator that has all the basics of an excellent percolator. It is well designed, automatically keeps coffee warm, has a detachable cord and base. While it has some of the best basics, this unit fails to prepare the best coffee. The resulting brew is always bitter.
- Keep warm mode
- Well built
- Bitter brew
What to look for when buying coffee percolators
- Size: This largely depend on the amount of coffee you need instantly. Some percolators such as Farberware can prepare 12 comes immediately.
- Electric or stovetop: Electric percolators are much better as they give you more control over the brewing process.
- Material: Best percolators are those mainly composed of steel—those made of plastic leach harmful chemicals in your java resulting in off-tastes and aromas.
- Speed: Get a percolator that gets the job done fast.
- Design: Make sure the percolator sits well, has a nice spout, and has excellent smart safety indicator lights. Additionally, make sure it is easy to use and disassemble.
- Cost: Consider your pocket when shopping. We recommend budgeting early.