Tired of waking up to frigid mornings with no coffee to get your day started? In today’s society, more than 75 percent of American households have some form of coffee machine.
Fortunately, a good coffee machine can be had for $200 or less. As appealing as this may sound, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of coffee makers available, and finding the finest coffee maker under $200 may be challenging.
With that said, we are here to assist you in selecting the ideal product to meet your needs and tastes. We investigated 36 goods to provide you with an in-depth review.
Our editor’s choice was the Braun KF9070SI. We liked it since it could brew quality coffee in 7 various beverage sizes, had unique heating technology, and was SCA certified, among other things. More information about this and other coffee makers can be found in the product review.
Top Coffee Makers Under $200 Review
- Exact brew system: The exact brew system delivers consistent optimal brewing performance in every cup automatically calculating the precise water flow temperature and speed for every coffee preference
- Brew choice plus: Customize your coffee to your liking (hot or cold brew) with the over ice light gold bold setting with the touch of a button
- Fast brew exclusive heating technology delivers a full pot of coffee in under 8 minutes without sacrificing taste
- Temp sensor system: 3 sensors closely monitor temperatures throughout the brewing process to achieve SCA brewing standards quickly and keep coffee at the perfect temperature
- Specialty Coffee Association Golden Cup: SCA certification ensures optimal brewing performance to great tasting drip coffee with every brew
- 13 in. x 7.1 in. x 15 in.
- 3-year limited warranty
- Water reservoir: 50 oz. Cups: 10
- Additional features include: 7 brew sizes, strength adjustment, SCA certification, iced coffee option, Fast Brew system, and a freshness indicator.
Braun is a well-known coffee maker brand all around the world. The Braun KF9070SI, with its sturdy yet attractive stainless-steel construction, provides ease and dependability without sacrificing quality.
ExactBrew technology is one of its distinguishing qualities. With this technology, you can customize the machine to your preferences by selecting the water flow, speed, and even the temperature of each coffee you brew. As a result, the machine will provide consistent and high-quality performance every time.
This technology also allows you to pick between single-serve and multi-server options, ensuring that you always have access to what you require.
When you buy the Braun KF9070SI, you also get access to several outstanding features. The brew choice plus, for example, allows you to select between mild, over ice, bold, and gold settings. These many brewing options provide you with a selection of options that cater to everyone’s preferences at home.
When you use too much heat to make your coffee, it typically results in a bitter cup of coffee. If you desire a rush of flavor, the TempSensor system will also come in handy. This is a sophisticated heating technology that ensures the temperature of your coffee remains constant throughout the brewing process. The coffee maker also has a freshness indication. The LCD display will always indicate whether or not your coffee is fresh.
To top it all off, the performance of the Braun KF9070SI has been tried, tested, and certified by the Specialty Coffee Association. This means you can count on this coffee machine to consistently provide high-quality coffee.
- Cup sizes are available in a number of sizes.
- After the brewing is finished, a chime will sound.
- Design that is elegant
- Some may find it overly bulky.
2. Ninja Coffee Bar CM401 – The World’s Most Versatile Coffee Maker
- 4 BREW STYLES: Select from one of the four, versatile brew styles: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, or Specialty Brew.
- SPECIALTY BREWS: Brew a super-rich coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- MAKE ICED COFFEE: Brew fresh over ice for flavorful iced coffee that's never watered down.
- 6 BREW SIZES: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half or full carafe in your coffee maker. 6 sizes include Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, Multi-Serve Travel Mug, Half Carafe & Full Carafe.
- NO PODS REQUIRED: Use your favorite grounds to create a single-serve coffee—no reusable pod required.
- 12 in. x 8.75 in. x 15 in.
- One-year limited guarantee
- 10 cups
- 50 oz. water reservoir
- Additional features include an iced coffee option, adjustable brew size, foldable frother, replaceable water tank, and a carafe warmer.
Looking for a machine that can make both hot and cold beverages? The Ninja Specialty CM401 is a coffee maker that not only provides fresh coffee flavors but also a number of brewing options. This is a flexible brand that caters to all types of coffee enthusiasts. So, what’s the point of getting one of these?
First and foremost, the Ninja brand has been around for a long time and produces very dependable coffee makers. Years of experience manufacturing appliances and fine-tuning their products to meet the needs of their customers have resulted in a recognized corporation.
Do you place a premium on size? The Ninja Specialty CM401 weighs only 13.4 lbs and measures 12 x 8.75 x 15 inches. This means you won’t have to worry about making more room in your kitchen. As long as it can fit vertically, this coffee maker should fit comfortably in any small place.
The mobility of this Ninja coffee bar is another wonderful advantage. It is made up of several sections that are easily detachable. A glass carafe, water reservoir, frother, Ninja scoop, and permanent filter are among the components. This not only makes storage and transportation easy, but it also makes cleaning a breeze.
You can select from four distinct brewing settings: traditional brew, over ice, rich brew, and speciality brew. As if that wasn’t enough, the machine has a self-brewing timer that allows you to select your brewing style hours before you get up.
- It is adaptable.
- It comes with a folding frother.
- It is available in both glass and thermal carafes.
- It can be quite noisy at times.
- Many components are constructed of plastic and glass.
3. OXO 8710100 Coffee Maker
- BetterBrew Precision Brewing controls water temperature and optimizes brew cycles for rich, flavorful coffee – whether you’re making two cups or a full pot
- Fully programmable and easy to use, a single dial lets you choose cups, program the time and set the automatic wake-up timer
- Temperature-controlled brewing keeps the water between 197.6–204.8°F /92-96°C – the ideal range for drip coffee
- Rainmaker shower head evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for better flavor extraction
- Internal mixing tube ensures your last sip is as delicious as your first
In one aspect, the Oxo 8710100 outperforms our Top Pick: flavor. Coffee lovers who meticulously select and then grind their beans every morning constantly rave about the delicious coffee made by this equipment. This device, like our winner, is programmable and offers the option of single-serve or carafe filling.
However, it is a little more expensive and does not exactly satisfy your expectations as a result. This machine cannot compete with our Top Pick Keurig’s wide range of brew sizes. Many people experience leaking unless you wait a long time before removing your cup or carafe, which reduces the speed you’d expect. And filling the reservoir is difficult. The majority of the complaints are minor, allowing you to evaluate whether the minor inconveniences are worth a better-tasting coffee.
- It makes excellent coffee.
- Single-serve or carafe included
- Difficulty filling the reservoir due to leaks
4. Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB – The Smallest Coffee Maker
- 10-Cup stainless steel carafe keeps Coffee hot for hours
- Removable water tank makes filling easy and is fully washable
- 200 DegreeF high brewing temperature heats water to the right temperature to brew flavorful Coffee
- Special design feature for brewing Iced coffee-iced Coffee water measure lines adjust the water-to-coffee ration for a stronger Coffee that doesn't taste watered down when Diluted with ice
- Drip prevention mechanism prevents Coffee from dripping when the carafe is removed from the machine
- 10.6 x 8 x 14.8 in Dimensions
- One-year limited guarantee
- 10 cups
- 50 oz. water reservoir
- More features include an iced coffee option, a programmable timer, BPA-free construction, a pre-infusion cycle, and a 1200 W power supply.
Zojirushi coffee makers are not as well-known as the company’s other items. With that out of the way, the company labored relentlessly to provide a little machine that produces high-quality coffee. This coffee maker is popular for a variety of reasons. These include its ease of use, ability to brew coffee quickly, and ability to maintain an optimum brewing temperature of around 200°F.
You may use this machine to make either a hot or iced cup of coffee. You can produce up to ten cups of hot coffee at the optimal temperature of 200°F. Alternatively, you can brew approximately four cups of iced coffee.
In comparison to the other coffee makers evaluated, the Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB is smaller in size. It measures around 14 inches tall, 10.6 inches broad, and 8 inches deep. Unlike other coffee makers, the Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB includes a removable water tank with a capacity of 1.5 liters. This makes it incredibly simple to fill and clean.
This is also a good option if you want a simple and easy-to-use coffee machine. The coffee maker’s push-button panel has four keys, but you’re only likely to use two of them on a daily basis.
It is also SCAA certified for brewing coffee at the recommended temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature, you can only achieve’superior flavor extraction.’
- It brews coffee quickly.
- Excellent design and execution.
- There is a thermal carafe.
- There is no backlighting on the LCD display.
5. Cuisinart SS-15 – Top Dual-Function Coffee Maker
- 12-cup glass carafe with stainless steel handle. Material: Metal
- Gold-tone coffee filter lets only pure coffee flavor flow through.UC Cubic Feet: 1.26
- Single-Serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz; Charcoal water filter
- Includes Cuisinart's Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee, K-Cup pod compatible as well
- 10.3 x 14.25 x 10 in Dimensions: 10.3 x 14.25 x 10 in
- 3-year limited warranty
- 12 cups
- 40 oz. water reservoir
- Additional features include a charcoal water filter, coffee strength control, K-cup pod compatibility, a removable drip tray, and an automated shut-off.
The Cuisinart SS-15 received a minor revision because it did not follow the usual coffee maker design. In fact, it can produce a single K-cup coffee while still making enough coffee for the entire family. Many people want a huge coffee maker, but they rarely use it to make 12 cups of coffee. You’re in luck if you’re looking for a coffee maker that can brew a single K-cup of coffee.
The Cuisinart SS-15 features two reservoirs because it is a dual-function coffee maker. On the single-serve side, the reservoir can hold up to 40 oz of water. If you want to fill the reservoir, you can easily remove it. The one on the carafe side, on the other hand, is not removable, but it does include a window on the side that shows how much water is remaining.
This clever coffee machine comes with a retractable drip tray and plenty of space between the plate and the dispensing area. If you enjoy enjoying your coffee from a large cup, this will come in handy.
This coffee maker has a few controls and may not be the most user-friendly. It contains a power button at the bottom of the single-serve side, three buttons on the K-cup chamber, and two lights that indicate when additional water or cleaning is required. It also features a digital clock and some controls on the carafe side for setting the timing and program.
- A well-thought-out carafe
- It is compatible with all varieties of K-cups.
- It includes a Brew/Pause button.
- The huge gap between the drip plate and the dispensing area may result in a sloppy mess.
6. Keurig K-Elite – Best Value
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz Enjoy the most popular cup sizes
- STRONG BREW BUTTON: Increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee’s flavor
- ICED SETTING: Brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious iced coffee
- HOT WATER ON DEMAND BUTTON: Perfect for instant soups or oatmeal
- 13 in. x 9.9 in. x 12.7 in.
- One-year limited guarantee
- Cups: one
- 75 oz. water reservoir
- More features include an iced coffee option, a cleaning indicator, adjustable coffee strength, and 5 brew sizes.
The Keurig K-Elite is one of the best single-serve coffee makers ever made. It’s also one of the biggest on the market, measuring 9.9 by 12.7 inches and standing 13 inches tall when closed. When fully extended, the K-Elite stands around 16 inches tall, which is ideal if your cabinets are a little higher.
This coffee maker comes with a 75-ounce reservoir, so you won’t have to continually refilling it. If you take a single cup every day, filling it once will last you the entire week.
We understand how hard water can affect the quality of your cup of coffee, but Keurig K-Elite has already considered this. If you have this problem, you can put a charcoal water filter at the bottom of the reservoir. The filter not only improves the taste of the coffee, but it also extends the life of your machine.
The K-removable Elite’s drip plate allows you to utilize the largest cups you can find. You may brew in a variety of cup sizes ranging from a 4-ounce cup to a 12-ounce mug.
All of this can be accomplished in less than a minute. Keurig included a new Smart Start technology. With this feature, you can effortlessly turn the machine on, insert the K-cup or a reusable K-cup filter, and start brewing even if the coffee maker isn’t completely warmed. When the machine reaches the correct temperature, it will begin brewing automatically. You only need to place your cup of coffee on the tray and wait.
- Brewing in the background
- Brewing in a hurry
- There are numerous brewing options available.
- There is an option for programmable auto-start and shut-off.
- It’s a big machine.
- Purchasing the pods on a regular basis may be costly.
Buyer’s guide when purchasing a coffee maker under 200 dollars
The comparison of these top items should assist you in determining which option is ideal for you or your family. We’ve highlighted the capacity of these machines, as well as their distinct features and brewing styles. However, there is a lot more you should know before you pull out your credit card. This buying guide will answer some of the most pressing questions you may have.
What can you expect from a coffee maker under $200?
While you may not want to spend a fortune on a coffee machine, you do want decent coffee every morning. You also want a machine that prepares the perfect cup of coffee with the least amount of work and in the least amount of time. Having said that, finding a quality coffee maker will not be difficult.
It is not required to spend a lot of money on a coffee maker; one under $200 would suffice. Some of the powerful yet economical coffee makers examined are the Braun KF9070SI and the Keurig K-Elite. Before you worry about the price, be sure the equipment matches your other preferences or demands.
What types of coffee machines are available for less than $200?
Under $200 coffee makers fall into two categories. The drip coffee maker and the single-serve machine are examples of these.
- Drip coffee maker – These are the most prevalent types of filtered coffee makers. It is simple to operate and can brew coffee for a large group of people. The Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB is one such example.
- Single-serve coffee maker — Making an entire pot of coffee makes little sense if you are only one or two persons. You can prepare a single cup of coffee using this sort of coffee maker when needed. One example is the Keurig K-Elite.
The following features might help you find the finest coffee maker under $200.
These are some of the useful qualities to think about before making a final decision.
Dimensions and design
Many individuals overlook the importance of the coffee maker’s design and size. How many people are going to use the coffee maker? Where will the machine be able to fit? Most regular coffee machines can make a pot of coffee, but what if you only need a cup? If you only need a few cups of coffee, a single-serve coffee machine like the Keurig K-Elite is essential. The machine’s design can also be a barrier. When opened, the Keurig K-Elite, for example, measures 16 inches. This may not be suitable for everyone’s kitchen.
Options for Beverage/Brewing
Ideally, you want a coffee maker with numerous brewing options. It is not uncommon to come across coffee makers that only have one basic method of brewing coffee. The Braun KF9070SI, for example, has four different brewing modes, including light, over ice, bold, and gold. Reviewing the many possibilities will help you limit down your selections, so this is a good place to start.
Cycle of Pre-Infusion
This is a function that is typically available on more expensive machines, and it results in a more complex, full-bodied flavor in the coffee. It also adds a minute to the brewing time. If flavor is more important to you than price or quickness, go with a maker that performs the pre-infusion process.
I’m an early riser. When I front handspring out of bed, my brain is primed to go. So brewing espresso first thing in the morning is simple for me. If, on the other hand, you have a coffee mug that reads, “No talkie before coffee,” you might prefer a machine that makes coffee hot and ready for you when you get up.
Pause Drip Function
If you can’t wait for the entire brew cycle to finish before you get your caffeine fix, a machine with a drip pause is for you. After all, you don’t want the coffee to spill all over you as you scurry to get ready for work.
Glass carafes should be avoided in favor of thermal carafes. Why is this the case? When using glass carafes, a heating plate at the machine’s base normally keeps the coffee warm. However, the heating plate quickly scorches the coffee, resulting in a bitter taste. Thermal carafes typically hold coffee hot enough to burn your mouth for hours after brewing.
When it comes to brewing coffee, unlike most foods, faster is better. According to scientists, the best coffee takes fewer than eight minutes to brew. If the brewing process takes longer than that, more of the undesired flavor components will be released, and your coffee will be a bitter mess like mine.
Which type of coffee do you want to create with your coffee maker? Some machines, such as the Keurig K-Elite and the Cuisinart SS-15, accept pods, whilst others require ground coffee. Before purchasing a machine, you must determine the most convenient sort of coffee to obtain and prepare. In some circumstances, coffee machines will support both ground coffee and the use of pods.
Information on warranties
A guarantee assures the buyer that the product will not be damaged, and that if it is, it will be replaced. Some additionally cover repair costs if the appliance is damaged during delivery or the first few weeks of operation. In this sense, both the Cuisinart SS-15 and the Braun KF9070SI stand out, with both carrying a 3-year limited guarantee.
Volume of the water tank
This also depends on the size of your family and how many cups of coffee you wish to drink per day. A larger water tank is required for individuals who live with a large family or group of friends. The Keurig K-Elite carries 72 ounces of water and is ideal for large gatherings.
For the optimum performance, maintain your coffee maker clean on a regular basis. As a result, a coffee maker with detachable parts is your best bet. However, if you are on a tight schedule, you can opt for a self-cleaning coffee machine.
How quickly does it work?
Are you late for work? The last thing you want is a coffee maker that takes longer than 10 minutes to brew coffee. Most coffee makers will prepare your coffee in 5 to 7 minutes, although this does not rule out the possibility of speedier devices. In fact, the Keurig K-Elite is famed for producing coffee in under a minute.
Is it simple to clean?
Coffee makers that are difficult to clean frequently leave pollutants in the coffee that damage the taste of the coffee. These pollutants can also cause rust to form on the appliance, which is why you need something that is simple to clean. The removable water tanks on the Zojirushi and Ninja Specialty CM401 make cleaning easier. When it comes time to clean your coffee maker, the Cuisinart SS-15 will alert you.
Is it necessary to filter your water before brewing that fragrant cup of tea? Some coffee machines have filters that soften hard water and improve water taste. If you prefer a coffee maker with a filter, the Ninja Specialty CM401 offers one.
Not only will an easy-to-use coffee maker save you time, but it will also help you create the greatest quality coffee. You want a coffee maker with an easy-to-use interface that doesn’t require a manual. The Braun KF9070SI has an easy-to-use UI that even shows you how fresh your coffee is.
People have a lot of appliances in their houses, so it’s a good idea to look at how much energy each one consumes. Your household appliances can collectively spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in energy bills. The Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB consumes approximately 1200Kw of power.
Cleaning hints for extending the life of a coffee maker
Do you want a squeaky-clean coffee machine? A clean machine produces delicious coffee while maintaining the appliance’s durability. Here are some fast cleaning tips for your coffee maker.
- Empty the carafe and remove any remaining coffee grounds from the filter.
- Fill the water chamber halfway with an equal mix of water and vinegar.
- Begin the brew cycle as soon as you pour the water, but first run a half-cycle and let it rest for roughly an hour. After an hour, finish the brewing cycle.
- Pour out the solution and thoroughly rinse with clean water. Start a new brew cycle with fresh water.
How frequently should I descale my coffee maker?
Descaling is ultimately determined by the hardness of the water and the frequency with which the machine is used. In some circumstances, the machine will indicate when it is time to descale, however the recommended interval is every two months.
Is the taste of coffee affected by the quality of the water?
Yes, hard water has an effect on the taste of coffee since it contains a lot of minerals. However, several minor minerals are required to produce a high-quality cup of coffee.
What is the wattage of a coffee maker?
An average coffee maker consumes approximately 800 watts to generate approximately 4 cups of coffee. The more cups it produces, the more electricity it consumes.
We had a good time reviewing all of the products. We had a lot of fun, but we had to pick the top three coffee makers under $200. The Braun KF9070SI, our editor’s pick, comes in first position. We liked this coffee maker because of its unique features including the ExactBrew system, FastBrew, and Tempsensor technology. This is an excellent choice if you want a high-performance coffee maker that does not sacrifice quality.
The Ninja Specialty CM401, a multifunctional coffee maker with a variety of brewing options and settings, comes in second place.
Finally, our budget option for the best coffee maker under $200 is the Keurig K-Elite. This is a single-serving coffee machine that can serve one or more persons. Despite its low price, this coffee maker has a huge capacity and makes high-quality coffee in less than a minute.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-01-21