The perfect cup of coffee tastes good, is easy to make, and doesn’t take forever to brew. An 8-cup capacity is a great place to start when choosing a new coffee maker.
Table Of Contents−
- The Best 8-Cup Coffee Makers
- How to choose a great coffee maker
- How many scoops of coffee do I need for 8 cups?
Smaller than most 10-cup options but still big enough for the average person to enjoy several cups per day, these machines are much easier to store in smaller kitchen spaces while not sacrificing functionality.
With so many different types of machines out there, it can feel like an uphill battle trying to find the best one for your needs. Luckily we’ve done all the research for you and compiled our picks for the top 8-cup coffee makers available today.
The Best 8-Cup Coffee Makers
Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker
- SPECIALTY COFFEE AT HOME: Bonavita’s flagship coffee maker brews an 8-cup carafe in about 6 minutes. This artisan cafe-style brewer is perfect for every at home coffee lover with a compact design that fits in any kitchen or office
- AWARD WINNING RESULTS: Golden-Cup Standard Coffee Maker; Curated features mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method; Flat-Bottomed filter basket & Larger Showerhead creates perfect flavor; Enjoy automatic pourover style cafe quality coffee in the comfort of your home
- BETTER FLAVOR, FAST: This Specialty Coffee Association Certified brewer has a powerful 1500-watt heater maintains professional recommended brewing temperature of 198°-205°f (91°-96°c) for optimal flavor extraction; Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe is Durable and Double-Walled to keep coffee the perfect temperature longer
The Specialty Coffee Association has approved the Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker meeting the Gold Cup Standard of brewing. One-touch operation is a feature of this device.
It only requires that you switch it on and let it run. It can brew up to eight cups of coffee in five minutes, making it a fairly quick brewer. It presoaks the grounds during this time to ensure a rich, flavorful cup of coffee brewed with water that is just the right temperature for brewing.
For maximum aroma, it has a large showerhead water dispenser, pre-infusion mode, and brews at the perfect temperature of 195°-205°F. The majority of this model’s components are dishwasher-safe. When it comes time to clean this model, you will have greatly reduced cleaning time.
- One-touch functionality
- Most components are dishwasher-safe
- Quick brewing
- BPA-free packaging
- Pre-infusion mode to extract flavors more fully
- Optimal brewing is made possible by precise temperature control
- The location of the carafe is awkward
Cuisinart PurePrecision Coffee Brewer
- SCAA CERTIFIED: Meets the Specialty Coffee Association of America's rigorous technical requirements for exemplary home brewers
- FULLY AUTOMATIC COFFEE BREWER: 24-hour programmability, auto on/off functionality, and self clean
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Variable heater plate for temperature control that is adjustable – hot and extra hot settings – keep coffee at the temperature you prefer
Another excellent option for coffee enthusiasts is the Cuisinart PurePrecision, which lets you enjoy the delectable flavor of pour-over brewing without all the work. The sophisticated brew system uses pulsed pouring and pre-infusion blooming like a manual pour-over.
It is, without a doubt, the most practical way to brew pour-over at home, thanks to the addition of programmability and brew pause.
- SCAA Certified Home Brewer – Designation means that this Cuisinart product has passed stringent testing by the Specialty Coffee Association of America. This certification covers the right brewing temperature, brew time, uniform extraction, and more.
- Programmable wake-up – With Cuisinart’s simple LCD interface, you can set the machine to make coffee at a specific time so you can smell it as soon as you get out of bed.
- Charcoal filter – Improves the flavor of coffee by purifying the water used to brew the grounds.
- Larger showerhead – It evenly sprays hot water over the coffee grinds for the best flavor extraction.
- The stainless steel filter may allow some incredibly fine coffee sediment to get through if you’re quite picky about your coffee. However, you can get around this problem by using a paper filter.
Russell Hobbs CM4300BR Coventry
- VORTEX Technology - Evenly saturates coffee grounds for great tasting coffee
- Removable, Washable Brew Basket - The brew basket can be removed for easy cleanup
- Pause and Pour Feature - To enjoy a cup before brewing is complete, simply remove the carafe at any point in the brewing process. Replace the carafe within 20 seconds so brewing may resume
The Russel Hobbs CM4300BR Coventry Coffee Maker can be exactly what you’re searching for if you need a coffee maker that can produce a lot of coffee at once without costing a fortune.
This model stops brewing when the carafe is removed, allowing you to get a cup for yourself before the brew cycle is finished without causing a mess. The LED screen allows for programming, and the pieces are dishwasher-safe for quick and simple cleanup.
- Auto-pause and serve
- LED screen-based programming
- Appliance-safe components
- Affordably priced
- Difficulties with quality control
- No long-term filter
Mixpresso Drip 8 Cup Coffee Brewer
- 8 Cup Drip Programmable Controls Coffeemaker with illuminated On/Off Switch, With Glass Carafe And Water window allow visibility as you fill—no more overflows.
- BEST COFFEE MAKER - Our programmable coffee maker Includes a reusable filter and removable basket filter for the Coffee grounds of your choice and easy cleaning.
- SMALL COFFEE POT - Small and compact design to fit almost everywhere; it won't take counter space. Dimensions (LXWXH) : 9.50 x 5.00 x 10.00 inches.
The nicest feature of this coffee maker is that it can brew eight cups of coffee while only taking up a little more space in the kitchen than a four-cup coffee maker. Additionally, it includes a reusable filter basket that is simple to clean and will help you save a lot of money over time on filters.
Although this model is reasonably priced, it is not a perfect brewer. You’ll probably need to microwave your coffee, especially if you want it hot because the hot plate isn’t hot enough to keep it warm for an extended period. However, there is no chance of scorching it. This machine takes some effort to program.
- Comprised a reusable filter basket
- Little space needed
- Warming plate too cool
- Programming is challenging
Russel Hobbs CM3100RDR Retro Style Coffeemaker
- Brewing Progress Gauge - The clever gauge on the face of the coffeemaker indicates brewing progress, and displays the length of time the carafe plate has been warming brewed coffee.
- Advanced Showerhead Technology - The showerhead is designed to evenly saturate coffee grounds for full flavor extraction during the brewing process.
- Pause and Pour Feature - To enjoy a cup before brewing is complete, simply remove the carafe at any point in the brewing process. Replace the carafe within 20 seconds so brewing may resume.
Russel Hobbs is renowned for its outstanding product portfolio. They are responsible for the design of this svelte, beautiful coffee machine. It can produce up to 8 cups of coffee in a single brew.
The functionality is remarkable, and the design is appealing. The cutting-edge showerhead technology is intended to guarantee that you get a wonderful cup of coffee. The flavor is greatly improved, and the aroma is heightened thanks to the overhead technology.
Comes with a brewing progress indicator and a 1000-watt heater. Your coffee will be brewed at the proper temperature thanks to the heater. On the other hand, the intelligent gauge keeps track of the brewing procedure.
There is a water level indicator included with the 8-cup glass carafe. Thanks to this, you will always know how much water you need. It is intended to keep you informed about a variety of things. The carafe glass also features a large opening and drip-free pouring.
- Features a permanent filter and a beautiful glass carafe
- Attractive retro style
- Auto-off after 40 minutes and brew-pause enlightening timer.
- Drips during brew-pause
- Sediment can get past a permanent filter
- Metal parts cannot withstand heat
OXO 8-Cup Coffee Maker
- Gold-standard coffee certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA). Brew by the cup or the carafe.
- Single-serve capability with optional brew basket accessory optimizes flavor
- BetterBrew precision controls water temperature and brew cycles; meeting the Specialty Coffee Association's Golden Cup standard
The SCA-approved coffee maker’s metallic body and slender lines look fantastic on the counter and take up less room than other quality-focused coffee makers. The double-walled thermal carafe accomplishes everything for you rather than requiring you to use a warming plate to lower the quality of your coffee.
You get one of the greatest coffee makers on the market for the money in terms of adaptability, dependability, and power. Suppose you’re looking for a delicious cup of coffee maker on the market for the money. If you’re looking for a delicious cup of coffee, pick up this coffee maker.
- Makes high-quality coffee
- Can make a single-serving cup of coffee without using the device’s coffee pods.
- Usability is simple
- The water tank that is not removable
- Little splashing is possible when brewing in a cup that is too small.
How to choose a great coffee maker
Although the basic operation of every coffee maker is the same, this does not mean they are all created equal. You need a high-quality brewer to make a cup of drip or pour-over coffee that is truly wonderful. Let’s look at some of the most crucial things to think about.
The water must be at least 195°F to extract the taste ingredients from the coffee fully. The coffee may burn and taste scorched and flat if the water heats up too much. The ideal water temperature is below boiling, with a maximum of about 205°F.
Strong, accurate heating elements enable coffee brewers to swiftly attain this temperature range and maintain it throughout the brewing process. The quality of the heating element is one of the most crucial factors to consider if you want the greatest coffee flavor possible.
You might want to pay attention to the temperature at which the water is heated when it comes to brewing quality. Your beans could burn if it is too hot. Your coffee may not be fully extracted if it is too cold.
Additionally, you need a device that drips water evenly and steadily onto the ground. Even while you might want to brew coffee as quickly as possible, if you’re willing to take your time, you might end up with greater flavor.
The two main filter types you’ll encounter are flat-bottomed and cone-shaped. Since they prolong the time the water is in contact with the coffee, cone-shaped filters typically provide a strong, richer cup of coffee.
Additionally, there is the dilemma of choosing between permanent metal mesh and paper filters. A mesh filter is an optional accessory for certain coffee machines, but you may easily purchase one for those that don’t.
Ease of use
Additionally, you should choose an easy-to-use machine. This refers to the water reservoir, programming options, and interface. You may spend more time eating breakfast and less time battling a machine with simple, straightforward interfaces.
Water tanks that have been thoughtfully constructed will feature windows so you can see how much water you’ve put in, and they will be simple to fill. You might want to opt for a coffee maker type that is simple to clean since coffee machines also require routine cleaning. You could favor a brewer with dishwasher-safe components.
How many scoops of coffee do I need for 8 cups?
The answer to this query is trickier than it first appears. One reason is that coffee beans lose density as they roast longer. As a result, a tablespoon of beans that have been lightly roasted weighs more than one that has been darkly roasted.
The quantity of coffee you use influences the strength of the brew as well, so selecting the “correct” amount is often a question of taste. Increasing the number of grinds is one technique to achieve a richer cup.
However, for an 8-cup brew, use 3 to 4 scoops or 2 teaspoons of ground coffee for every 6 ounces of water.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-11-29